There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon

The company has changed drastically.

Former Employee - Applications Developer IV in New York, NY
Former Employee - Applications Developer IV in New York, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers were great to work with. Environment was good, with many employees there for 10 - 15 years or more. Very knowledgeable group of people. Good 401k. Interesting work. Did a pretty good job of training employees after the Irving Trust takeover.

Cons

Pay was always lower but profit sharing at the end of the year made up for it. Profit sharing was terminated but salaries never got any better. Second line manager was disinterested in the careers of the people who worked for him. After Mellon merger considered operations in New York (and suburbs) an expense and not worth the cost. I trained 2 people to take my job.

Provide career paths for employees. Engage employees. Regular skip level meetings would be a good.

reviews filtered by
  1. was very interesting to learn so much about banking

Former Employee - Senior Secerity Clerk in East Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Secerity Clerk in East Syracuse, NY

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

well the best thing about working there was learning more about banking, and being in a group where we all have a common goal to be the best that we can be

Cons

training is iffy, it seems know one has time to give you proper trainig

I think they always tried to keep us up on coming events .

Not a lot of opportunities.

Former Employee - Remittance Processing in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Remittance Processing in Chicago, IL

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work is challenging on its own. it has a very busy environment which makes time goes a little faster for menial work. It could use a little more creativity to get the job done more efficiently but work here is all about continuous and predictable output.

Cons

Not a lot opportunities for growth. Lots of bureaucracy: vacation approval goes through so many levels with the probability of approval so slim, have to go through hoops to gain the opportunity to learn something new. Low pay: gained additional 40 cents per hour after 6 years because they find any reason not to give you raise.

Please get out of the mentality of "if ain't broke, don't fix it". Productivity can be gained by working intelligently and not working people to death. I guess this mentality goes in line with remittance processing and production, but it can get so much better if the managers (who've been doing this same old process for decades) just take time to consider ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for BNY Mellon