BOK Financial

www.bokf.com
  www.bokf.com
There are newer employer reviews for BOK Financial

Great Company, though lots of change

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Branch Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at BOK Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great upper management on the consumer side, good pay and benefits. Lots of training. Recently upgraded systems are pretty good.

Cons

Cut staff to bare minimum, so it is hard to get out and make business calls.

Keep up the good work!

25 Other Employee Reviews for BOK Financial (View Most Recent)

Great if you're Jewish

Former Employee - Anonymous in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Tulsa, OK

I worked at BOK Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The owners are Jewish. If you are too, they'll make you a VP in no time.

Cons

The owners are Jewish. If you aren't, you'll work there for 10 years then get passed up for promotion for someone who recently graduated college who is.

Don't discriminate based on religion.

My division was a mess but I likely would have enjoyed working in other areas

Former Employee - Vice President in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Vice President in Kansas City, MO

I worked at BOK Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Philanthropic organization, competitive pay, products and services I was able to offer clients were competitive. Enjoyed working along-side other ambitious and hardworking salesmen. Newer/smaller markets (outside of OK) are able to locally brand. I enjoyed working in my market in particular, and how the market placed an emphasis on bringing the Sr. level and more green salesmen together in working towards goals. The bank overall has a great story and really seems to want to cater to the clients.

Cons

The story of locally branding has little merit when each market is reporting to management in Tulsa who are not intuitive about the markets they are overseeing. From Tulsa, employees are handed down unrealistic and unattainable sales goals along with a high-pressure sales environment. There is no formal training or on-boarding process. The lack of quality job support in combination with pressure to reach unreasonable goals makes for a cut-throat/kill or be killed work environment. Blatant inappropriate conduct of middle and senior management occurred without being addressed. Communication from management and HR to markets outside of OK is poor. The company is not concerned about investing in the employees for long-term success, but rather to acquire the clients of established bankers.

Sales goals should negotiated between the employee and their local market manager. The goals should take into account the employee's career level and the environment within their market. HR should place more of an emphasis on fully/properly disclosing and enforcing policies. The company should place more of an emphasis on equipping employees for success through efficient on-boarding, training, and ongoing job support.

There are newer employer reviews for BOK Financial