There are newer employer reviews for BOK Financial

Great Company, though lots of change

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Branch Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at BOK Financial full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great upper management on the consumer side, good pay and benefits. Lots of training. Recently upgraded systems are pretty good.

Cons

Cut staff to bare minimum, so it is hard to get out and make business calls.

Keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall good, some areas lacking

Current Employee - Consumer Banker in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Consumer Banker in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at BOK Financial full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In a banker roll, I was given a lot of training. Looking to move up within a year of employment. But, I had to put in the work, raises and promotions don't come from "just getting by."
    Anyone can do it if they are willing to work and have the drive for sales

Cons

Although I was given training, I had to seek it out myself, no one to guide me through it all. Which was tough since I had never been in banking
    Hours can be a bourdon.
    Usually too small of a staff because of high turnover

I feel jiped when a new manager comes in at the store level and never had been in banking, this does not, especially one who had never been in sales.

All talk no action...

Former Employee - Teller/Banker
    Former Employee - Teller/Banker

I worked at BOK Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's banking on a smaller scale. The people in other departments within the bank are nice.

Cons

It's becoming a lot like the big banks, as a banker/teller we have to sell and be aggressive like a car salesman. Constantly calling the same people over and over. They also expect you to act as a teller, and a banker at the same time. Errors always happen when you have to multi task and hurry, because as a teller when the lobby is busy you are expected to handle everything at once. This bank is also not set up correctly, there are 4 banker/tellers and ONE banker desk, so customers usually end up standing at your teller window while you help them with their accounts. This is just awful.
    The people that run this bank have a favorite word, and that word would be NO!
    They are not flexible with their employees, however management wants the employees to be willing to change at a moments notice.
    The management does not back up their banker/tellers, they sit at their desks on their computers all day. They ask the employees to prospect for new business but yet, they never go with the employees or even offer to help. They ask the employees to bring in new business and then very next sentence tell us not to put all of eggs in one basket and tell us whe cannot work on projects while the lobby is open for business, and when we want to do something, they tell us that it would be to expensive and to find a different way to do it.
    They also have the worst benefits I have ever seen. Couldn't afford their medical coverage. And they force you into their 401K with mandatory deductions.

ASK your employees for feedback and actually listen to them. Get off your duff and help with outside prospecting and do their job. After all, management is there to build the business. But with BAZ the management just keeps their chairs warm

There are newer employer reviews for BOK Financial