BP
www.bp.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Not a good place to be a contractor

Landman (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsThis a global company, so you'll be exposed to a wide range of information from people from many different disciplines. Not too many micro-managing types, which is good.

ConsThe pay is under market, and they treat their contractors in professional positions like employees, although they don't offer them jobs. The hire interns with no experience, and essentially throw them into fields where they might not be competent enough to be of value, but then let contractors linger in their positions for years. Also, they do not observe the MLK national holiday. I know it's a British company, but that just seems wrong.

This only applies to the Houston location. I don't know how London operates.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the talent you already have! A GPA is not the best indicator of a person's ability to be a valuable asset to your company.

Very satisfying career paths

Controller (Current Employee)

I have been working at BP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Well compensated and great benefits Cons: Easy to get lost in such a large corporation Advice to Senior Management: Focus on core business Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ample opportunity if you are willing

Completion Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at BP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: people, opportunity, work life balance, culture of constant improvement, training Cons: Difficult personalities, processes can be complex or misunderstood, still working… Advice to Senior Management: Standardize, improve relationships between all segments by encouraging team… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BP.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BP CEO Robert Dudley. All reviews posted anonymously by BP employees.