There are newer employer reviews for BP

This is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I love it!!!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at BP as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Team environment, flexible schedules, great organizational structure. Wonderful ammenities including, on site trails, gym, various fitness classes, personal trainer, many employee/contractor perks with outside business.

Cons

Very hard to get hired on permanent. A lot of contract workers, and if you don't have previous oil & gas experience, it is likely you won't be considered for a position.

Consider a person's overall experience as it relates to the job description, and not the industry that the person will be working in.

809 Other Employee Reviews for BP (View Most Recent)

Mechanical Engineering Intern

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at BP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As a new hire, BP offers great benefits. They have a required "course" for new hires that provides guidance and training - and an assurance that to their best ability, you will be put into a role that you enjoy working in.

The Houston offices are very modern and accommodating. As an intern, they offer a good chance to network with others and also some good summer activities, as well as good pay and relocation benefits for the summer (including travel costs and housing options.)

Senior management was all very friendly - there is no discouragement - in fact they were very happy - to get the chance to talk to interns on the "front line" and learn more about our first impressions and talk to me (and others) about career advice etc.

Cons

Coming into the position I wasn't sure on what position I would play or work I would do. Turns out to have been very different from what I anticipated. Ironically if I had known before hand I wouldn't have thought it to be all that great, but with all the added benefits of being here it has been well worth it.

There has been some disconnect between recruiters for groups and the HR in university relations...

Just for the intern program, try to be more on top of the communication that takes place with interns/coops. It's all that we have as far as HR goes...

I think that the actual supervisors that interns work with are great at what they do, though some could be more proactive and involved (not mine but some of my peers at least.)

I'm pretty sure that most of the people I have talked to would definitely return to BP unless there happened to be some crazy good offer from somewhere else, so seems like overall a good job.

Very satisfying career paths

Current Employee - Controller  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Controller in Houston, TX

I have been working at BP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well compensated and great benefits

Cons

Easy to get lost in such a large corporation

Focus on core business

There are newer employer reviews for BP

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!