BP
www.bp.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

BP is a huge and diverse company, there are thousands of different and varied careers.

Crude Oil Knowledge Analyst (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at BP as an intern for more than a year

ProsGreat training, supportive teams, opportunity to travel (business class), friendly workplace that is conducive to work. A wealth of knowledge from individuals who have worked for 10,20 or 30 years. As it is such a large company there is a vast array of careers to choose from, I worked in such a small part yet had contact with people from all over the world.

ConsReputational issues regarding the BP Oil spill. Monotomous workload. Workforce is markedly older, although it is thoroughly diverse. What I assume is the usual practice in large corporates, there were a lot of health & safety and awareness issues that weren't related to your job and appeared to be a waste of time not focusing on the tasks at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementI found I used hundreds of differing IT systems with some being modern and user-friendly but predominantly they were laborious to use, strange formats and layouts, overcomplicated systems and weak IT support. The company could do with training all employees to become IT literate as I met many people who only knew basic use. And as a focus some of the training was very weak. The training is only as good as the teacher, so I believe it is important to hire the best teachers to produce a efficient workforce.

Heavy on assurance and documentation but lots of bad habits exist

Drilling Engineer (Current Employee)
Port-of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I have been working at BP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Salary is great, opportunities for a long career and working… Cons: Lots of CYA, heavy on paperwork and assurance, pass the… Advice to Senior Management: Simplify things, make decisions faster and stick to them, reward… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Depends on your manager

Site Lead (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at BP full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good team enviroment and good people. Intentions are good but… Cons: Poor managment in some areas, lack of transparency Advice to Senior Management: Review your managers performance and transparency No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BP.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BP CEO Robert Dudley. All reviews posted anonymously by BP employees.