BP

www.bp.com
There are newer employer reviews for BP

Better from the outside looking in...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at BP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The flex hours and twice monthly work from home options are nice.
-The pay and benefits are good.
-A pension and 401k are a nice perk.
-The pod style of open workspace where high level management does not have offices is nice.
-The company's emphasis on their values and employees taking them seriously.
-Being able to understand and apply concepts learned in college business management program. i.e. Six Sigma, Lean Production, Pareto principle
-Good orientation program and online learning to get accustomed to BP's way
-Much information on intranet from BP's acronyms to computer application tips and tricks, multitude of information on BP's history and oil for those who did not come from the industry.

Cons

-The open workspace takes some getting used to when coming from cubicles like most of corporate America. i.e. the noise, no privacy, more difficult to concentrate, etc.
-Long hours are expected.
-Management has a lot of meetings, very hard to get in touch with.
-Some departments lack a good on the job training program. They want to get new employees up and running as quickly as possible at the cost of them not understanding the why behind what they are doing.

915 Other Employee Reviews for BP (View Most Recent)

Great company, my have had recent reputational issues, but solid on its treatment of people

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at BP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of development, VERY performance focused, stable. Mobility helps you advance. SAFETY IS A KEY PRIORITY to get right if you're with this company. Was open to transparency long before expected at other companies. Good policy structures. I never felt out of bounds for asking questions if done the right way, nor was I pressured to do things unethical/out of bounds while I was there.

Cons

Definite internal "Class distinction" toward upstream vs downstream business segments, sometimes in seeking incremental safety performance, things got somewhat inpractical.

Difficult to provide any current guidance, would say that keeping safety & honesty first should be timeless at BP.

This is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I love it!!!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at BP as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Team environment, flexible schedules, great organizational structure. Wonderful ammenities including, on site trails, gym, various fitness classes, personal trainer, many employee/contractor perks with outside business.

Cons

Very hard to get hired on permanent. A lot of contract workers, and if you don't have previous oil & gas experience, it is likely you won't be considered for a position.

Consider a person's overall experience as it relates to the job description, and not the industry that the person will be working in.

There are newer employer reviews for BP