There are newer employer reviews for BP

Unfortunate experience with a company that I wanted to retire with; a big mistake that would have been.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at BP

Pros

As a consultant, it was a very easy and enjoyable position. I was initially an IBM/pWc Consultant, later BP insourced all of the consultants in their job capacities + 50% more duties.

Cons

The workload was extremely heavy and BP management simply did not listen and infact, they rebutted that it was not too much, more over we where labeled inefficient.

Advice to Management

Without employees you don't have staff to operate the business, LISTEN TO EMPLOYEES, they are simply the thermometer of how the business is doing now and in the future.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. BP - Upstream

Current Employee - Flow Assurance - Production Chemistry Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at BP

Pros

work life balance is awesome and career paths are mostly up to the individual's

Cons

Large - and some times frustrating how slow projects move

Advice to Management

trust the skills and expertice of your technical folks. listen to what they are telling you.... let some decicion making happen from the bottom up.

2. Process has overtaken common sense.

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at BP

Pros

Flex Fridays. Fair treatment. Try to do good. Environmental practices are great.

Cons

A perception that BP undervalues technical employees. Seen as promoting folks that toe the company line, but aren't good with technical knowledge. Processes are so many that can't seem to make value driven decisions.

Advice to Management

More leeway for technical people to make decisions. Value the contributions and don't drive away good engineers by underpaying and not motivating.