There are newer employer reviews for BP

very good company to work for

Current Employee - Franshise Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Franshise Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at BP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The training offered within the company is exceptional

Cons

re-organizations are a constant with this company

reviews filtered by
  1. above average

Current Employee - Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Clerk in Tampa, FL

I have been working at BP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

understanding coworkers, flex hours and safe

Cons

no insurance / benefits /vacay

Former Retail Executive

Former Employee - Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at BP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

BP allows for its interns, employees that are hungry for advancement to take part in projects that have a large impact to the company's performance. They provide opportunity for travel, training, life time mentors, performance awards up to Global Helios including networking with thousands of employees and suppliers.
    Looking back...my experience gained from working at BP after working in many channels of trade all over the globe was one of the best experiences I could have truly ever have ever earned in the work place. I know what it is like to be a lucky full time employee working at BP, politics including all the pros and cons mentioned. These are all great rants and raves and I heard them all looking out.
    Pre Spill, Pre sale of EOR retail, I mistakenly accepted a position through a widely known recruiting agency with another East Coast American fortune 500 global energy company for more money. Since that day in 2006 I realized the true value and see the big picture of being part of one of the largest companies in the world.
    My two cents as a former employee … If you have a career shift in any light outside of BP, then you will most likely find value of the time you spent at BP is not necessarily a waste, but rather simply another part of your new journey. In a sense, you may look back every now and then and say; “You don’t know what want till it’s gone”. I feel the lucky full time BP employees may have the last of good jobs/careers left in U.S.A.

Cons

Looking back in this job market. Not too many.

Keep creating jobs in U.S.A.

Keep putting in place strong foundations to make BP a safer, build more trust and more valuable company and everything will fall into place as always.

There are newer employer reviews for BP