There are newer employer reviews for BP

BP was incredibly generous and fair with employees.

I worked at BP

Pros

Didn't fret the small stuff, provided resources to employees, made things as easy as possible

Cons

BP is a very traditional company; it has a very large organizational structure so things can be difficult to get through; sometimes it can be stagnant and slow

841 Other Employee Reviews for BP (View Most Recent)

Where to stop?

I worked at BP as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

1) You can make a LOT of money (if you are only there part-time)
    2) Relatively close to Downtown Chicago
    3) Some talented people work there (Emphasis on SOME)
    4) Growing by leaps and bounds
    5) Makes East Chicago look good

Cons

1) Incompetence abounds - There are so many incompetent people working there it is frightening.
    2) Insane amounts of nepotism - Entire families are employed by this facility with very mixed results (see above)
    3) Decision-making process defies logic - It is astounding how many poor decisions are made there HOURLY ..much less weekly or daily.
    4) Collective bargaining group - Mewling group of infantile adults
    5) Safety - One of the least safe facilities I personally have ever seen.
    6) Security - Incompetency pervades. Theft of equipment and personal property is rampant and unchecked. Prescription and illegal drugs are openly sold between employees and contractors. Emergency drills are often mistakenly reported over the plantwide radio system. Background checks for contractors and new hires are non-existent.
    7) Environmental issues - We'll just leave that alone....
    8) Work ethic (hourly) - A forgotten concept
    9) Work ethic (salaried) - Rivals the hourlies.
    10) Housekeeping - Slovenly. Parts,rusting equipment and litter are strewn about the facility,both inside and out. If there are areas WITHOUT pest infestation , I never saw them.

One of the most racist,sexist and homophobic places I have ever been to in my entire adult life. There simply aren't enough adjectives to describe how terrible this place is.

Quit and allow yourselves to be replaced with competent people.

BP makes poor decisions

I worked at BP

Pros

This company did and does own good assets that will bring value if they are responsibly run and managed.

Cons

Management does not listen to it's employees and experts and has frequently made poor decision against the advice of these experts and employees that has lead to negative impacts on their business.

There are newer employer reviews for BP