BP
www.bp.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Relaxed work environment, take care of employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe oil business is quite a slow and relaxed culture. They make a lot of money and the work is not too crazy. People are professional and they take care of employees, although the pay could have been better (I worked in wholesale and retail fuels, the less sexy side of the business, i.e. "downstream").

ConsThe pay could have been better. Things took a long time to get done. It was not as exciting in the downstream business.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake safety a number one priority (you know what I'm saying here) and also don't greenwash, saying the company is beyond petroleum unless there is a true strategic direction for the company. The company was focusing on renewables for awhile before more recently toning it back.

Great company with excellent benefits.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
    Port Allen, LA

I have been working at BP as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Comapny has an excellent structure with great pay and benefits.… Cons: As a contractor the operations level members do no show much respect to them. Do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to work

Production Technology (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at BP full-time for more than a year

Pros: I enjoy the flexible schedule that BP offers their employees. The leadership team is very humble and respectful from the ones I have had contact… Cons: They have been in the news for too long and there is so… Advice to Senior Management: Please try to clear the mess created by the Macondo incident and get serious with what you are best at doing which… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BP.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BP CEO Robert Dudley. All reviews posted anonymously by BP employees.