There are newer employer reviews for BP

Great company with a rich history and a global presence

Current Employee - Lead Training Specialist  in  Warrenville, IL
Current Employee - Lead Training Specialist in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at BP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brand recognition, good people and good focus on people and diversity.

Cons

Functions within the company are divided into specific silos which can cause confusion and unnecessary rework due to the lack of collaboration.

809 Other Employee Reviews for BP (View Most Recent)

Little fish in BIG ocean

Current Employee - Drilling Engineer  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Drilling Engineer in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at BP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company that wants to train you to be a better employee. Good benefits and great pay, I make more than my peers at Exxon and Chevron! My current boss is great and isn't to worried about the time clock as long as you get all your work done. My last boss was a huge dick that didn't portray BP's image at all... My boss before him was great though so it can be hit or miss.

Cons

Sometimes you get stuck working for a raging lunatic and there isn't much you can do about it. Lots of bureaucracy and lots of "process" even if it doesn't make any sense.

The functional discipline model is proving to be a disaster to efficiency! Safety and performance is one conversation stop confusing people with two different conversations. Try to let the left hand know what the right and is doing... We have become so big that we are blowing away opportunities and understanding with people just lost or caught up in the bureaucracy.

4 stars

I have been working at BP

Pros

Benefits, Health, Retirement, pay is very good. Very satisfied as of now and when my retirement kicks in 767,000 in retirement

Cons

It seems like oil will be scarce in the next 25 years so job outlook may not be well. Hopefully no more oil spills.

There are newer employer reviews for BP

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!