There are newer employer reviews for BP

Public Relations Manager

Former Employee - Government and Public Relations  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Government and Public Relations in Houston, TX

I worked at BP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work!!! The company pays really well. There room for career advancement. Company really strong advocate for creating a diversified workforce where everyone is respected!

Cons

My position became redundant and I was laid-off.

824 Other Employee Reviews for BP (View Most Recent)

Great company with a rich history and a global presence

Current Employee - Lead Training Specialist  in  Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Training Specialist in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at BP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brand recognition, good people and good focus on people and diversity.

Cons

Functions within the company are divided into specific silos which can cause confusion and unnecessary rework due to the lack of collaboration.

Little fish in BIG ocean

Current Employee - Drilling Engineer  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Drilling Engineer in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at BP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company that wants to train you to be a better employee. Good benefits and great pay, I make more than my peers at Exxon and Chevron! My current boss is great and isn't to worried about the time clock as long as you get all your work done. My last boss was a huge dick that didn't portray BP's image at all... My boss before him was great though so it can be hit or miss.

Cons

Sometimes you get stuck working for a raging lunatic and there isn't much you can do about it. Lots of bureaucracy and lots of "process" even if it doesn't make any sense.

The functional discipline model is proving to be a disaster to efficiency! Safety and performance is one conversation stop confusing people with two different conversations. Try to let the left hand know what the right and is doing... We have become so big that we are blowing away opportunities and understanding with people just lost or caught up in the bureaucracy.

There are newer employer reviews for BP

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!