There are newer employer reviews for BS&A Software

Very rewarding Experience that has allowed me to grow as a professional and still allow my family to come first.

Current Employee - Software Support in Bath, MI
Current Employee - Software Support in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software

Pros

BS&A allowed me to be a part time employee and work around my children's schedules. "The customer comes first" is not just a saying at BS&A. We are never told our calls take too long or we need to hard sell our Financial Applications.

If you work hard you will be successful, not just because you showed effort but for the quality of the work delivered and for your performance. Therefore, if you are a hard working individual that is knowledgeable & effective in your job you will be successful at BS&A.

I never imagined that I would work for a company that could be flexible in time off, generous in pay grades, benefits, bonuses and still care about the customer. Do we work hard? Yes we do. Do we work through our lunches? Yes we do when our call vloume is high, but we do it for our customers not because we are told we have to. We care about our customers as if they were our own family and we work hard for them and our co-workers who are working just as hard to take support calls.

Cons

Supervision of new employees, we have not always followed up to make sure new employees are giving the quality of work we expect.

There should be more than just one person in the immediate Department monitoring to see if a new person is doing a good job. Some prefer to think everything is fine.

Project Management and having a process in place has been a struggle as well. We have taken a lot of steps of the last couple of years to correct this but as we grow I believe there needs to be better planning in these areas.

Advice to Management

Communication - we need to remember we are no longer a small company and everyone knows everything that is happening. We need to communicate better as a company, as we continue to grow and expand. As we grow we are more conscientious of this and have begun to make strides in this area, but I still feel we can make improvements.

We need documentation for all Departments to follow a guideline so we are more efficient when utilizing our resources.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great family to be a part of

Current Employee - IT Support in Bath, MI
    Current Employee - IT Support in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software

Pros

I have worked for BS&A for almost four years now and have found many advantages to working here. It's a great work atmosphere, casual yet professional. There is never a lack of resources here, both personnel and equipment are always available when needed. They make sure you have the resources to succeed. Management is very supportive of personal and professional development. Pay is completely preformanced based and provide their employee's top notch benefits.

Cons

I would have to say location is the biggest con. It is conveniently located off of I-69 which makes it easy to get to. But, if you want to go out to eat you have a 10 to 15 minute drive each way. There could also be some improvement on the new employee training. It has been getting a lot better but their is still room for improvement.

Fantastic company, fantastic career.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bath, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software

Pros

There is much to like about working at BS&A:
    - Great benefits
    - Good pay
    - Flexible schedule
    - Wonderful co-workers
    - Ownership of interesting projects
    - Opportunity to take part in the exciting, national expansion of a once-regional company

However, one benefit outweighs the others: at BS&A, I am a person. I am not an employee number, nor a resource, nor a piece of machinery. They recognize me as a human being, and treat me as such. It is a phenomenon that words cannot explain; it must be experienced. I've never felt it another place of employment.

Cons

The company is still shifting from having a regional to national presence; some minor growing pains accompany this transition. The agility of the company sometimes makes it challenging to keep up with fluctuating objectives, however, this also keeps the company relevant.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication lines open. Continue treating team members as people.