There are newer employer reviews for BS&A Software

Very rewarding Experience that has allowed me to grow as a professional and still allow my family to come first.

I have been working at BS&A Software

Pros

BS&A allowed me to be a part time employee and work around my children's schedules. "The customer comes first" is not just a saying at BS&A. We are never told our calls take too long or we need to hard sell our Financial Applications.

If you work hard you will be successful, not just because you showed effort but for the quality of the work delivered and for your performance. Therefore, if you are a hard working individual that is knowledgeable & effective in your job you will be successful at BS&A.

I never imagined that I would work for a company that could be flexible in time off, generous in pay grades, benefits, bonuses and still care about the customer. Do we work hard? Yes we do. Do we work through our lunches? Yes we do when our call vloume is high, but we do it for our customers not because we are told we have to. We care about our customers as if they were our own family and we work hard for them and our co-workers who are working just as hard to take support calls.

Cons

Supervision of new employees, we have not always followed up to make sure new employees are giving the quality of work we expect.

There should be more than just one person in the immediate Department monitoring to see if a new person is doing a good job. Some prefer to think everything is fine.

Project Management and having a process in place has been a struggle as well. We have taken a lot of steps of the last couple of years to correct this but as we grow I believe there needs to be better planning in these areas.

Advice to Management

Communication - we need to remember we are no longer a small company and everyone knows everything that is happening. We need to communicate better as a company, as we continue to grow and expand. As we grow we are more conscientious of this and have begun to make strides in this area, but I still feel we can make improvements.

We need documentation for all Departments to follow a guideline so we are more efficient when utilizing our resources.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great family to be a part of

Current Employee - IT Support in Bath, MI
    Current Employee - IT Support in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software

Pros

I have worked for BS&A for almost four years now and have found many advantages to working here. It's a great work atmosphere, casual yet professional. There is never a lack of resources here, both personnel and equipment are always available when needed. They make sure you have the resources to succeed. Management is very supportive of personal and professional development. Pay is completely preformanced based and provide their employee's top notch benefits.

Cons

I would have to say location is the biggest con. It is conveniently located off of I-69 which makes it easy to get to. But, if you want to go out to eat you have a 10 to 15 minute drive each way. There could also be some improvement on the new employee training. It has been getting a lot better but their is still room for improvement.

2. Best career decision I have ever made

I have been working at BS&A Software

Pros

I joined BS&A Software a little over a year ago and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The atmosphere is very laid back but still professional. It is very easy to go to work where everyone seems to truly enjoy their jobs.

Performance based pay- BS&A pays their employees based strictly on performance. For support staff much of this is based on how you are able to handle customers, this includes helping them in any way you can. Coming from a previous job where pay was not done this way it was a breath of fresh air to know that you have almost complete control on how much you make. This is a great motivator.

Top management leadership- Top management seems to have a plan and completely understands where they want the company to go. They are very laid back and presentable but yet professional as well. They truly seem to care for and listen to their employees this makes it very easy to want to work for them. This too is a great motivator.

Benefits- The benefits are AMAZING. They are most likely some of the best around. 401k and insurance benefits are top notch. They also treat employees to occasional free lunches, and also provide little benefits such as free popcorn and pop as well. The vacation time is not outrageous for new employees but is still very fair. They also are great when it comes to letting you off for minor doctor appointments and such as well.

No micro managing- This is personally one of the best perks of BS&A. There is almost no micro managing done by management. They provide an initial framework of what they expect and they do want the support staff to treat the customers similarly; however they realize that not everyone is going to be identical in how they do this. Even as a support staff member I feel like I am allowed “own” my job which makes me feel the work I do on a daily basis is important to the company. This is a great motivator and drives me to do my job at the highest level.

Work is never the same- The work is also very challenging and is never the exact same every day. This keeps the job from becoming tedious and boring.

Location- Being located in Bath, MI (10 minutes away from East Lansing) some may see this as being a down fall because the closest shopping centers and eating places are 10-15 minutes away. However personally I really enjoy the location because it is directly off of I-69. This makes is very easy to get to and from work. There is no driving through down town East Lansing or Lansing (at least for myself) which can sometimes be a nuisance and very time consuming.

Utilize employee talents- BS&A tries to fit their employees in areas where the employees can utilize their strengths. This not only helps the company be the best by having the employees in places where they can help the company the most. It also allows for employees to succeed and motivates them to do their best.

Cons

Training program- BS&A doesn’t currently have a structured training program for new employees. The support staff members are busy taking calls and training which at times makes it hard for them to train the new employees. This forces employees to ask questions and really own their job which benefits them in the long run. However, initially sometimes the learning curve for new employees may be longer because of the training structure. With that being said they have started to create training programs for new and current employees.

Advice to Management

My advice for top management is to continue to develop the new training programs. This will help shorten the learning curve for new employees and also may help to attract top talent in the future as well.