There are newer employer reviews for BS&A Software

Bad experience

Former Employee - Slave  in  Bath, MI
Former Employee - Slave in Bath, MI

I worked at BS&A Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I wish I had something positive to say about working here. They seemed friendly enough in the interviewing process and promised big things. Once I signed on the dotted line, everything changed and it was a nightmare.

Cons

- Long hours (12+ a day + weekends)
- Low pay -- 15K below what I was really worth. Since this was my first job, I naively took it thinking I would get paid in experience -- BIG MISTAKE.
- Rude, aggressive, management that tries to bully and intimidate you
- Policies not laid out, you have to read minds and be totally in sync with what these people expect
- Politics and cronyism to a cancerous degree

The time table on my project was suddenly cut in half without any explanation given. I was already working 60 hours a week. Apparently, this wasn't enough and the partner assigned to "mentor" me accused me of lying to him, questioned my integrity, and personally insulted me to try to bully and squeeze more productivity out of me.

I never understood the underhandedness or two-faced approach to running a company, but these people have it down to a science.

Your software isn't that wonderful and you aren't the best or most successful start-up. Stop treating your employees like dirt. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

25 Other Employee Reviews for BS&A Software (View Most Recent)

The best place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Software Support  in  Bath, MI
    Current Employee - Software Support in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

BS&A goes out of their way to treat their employees well. They are very family-oriented, and thus are very understanding and flexible when it comes to your family issues. The work environment is friendly and manages to be professional and casual at the same time. The benefits to working here go far beyond a paycheck, and as we work hard every day to help our customers I go home each day with a sense of accomplishment.

Cons

I don't necessarily consider these cons, but fair warnings: if you want to work here, you need to be willing to dedicate yourself to continuous learning. As a software company, the environment is quite dynamic and always progressing, so employees need to be comfortable with a learning curve that essentially never ends. You also must be flexible; no one day is exactly like another, and certain times of the year are much busier than others. You need to be willing to work hard; this company does expect a lot from its employees. But they also take extra care to make sure that those who work hard are justly rewarded.

BS&A has undergone substantial growth over the past few years; my advice to management is to not lose sight of what got them here. The core values that this company was built on have created an outstanding environment, and I encourage management to work hard to stick to those even as the growth of the company makes it more difficult. So far they have done well, and have made it apparent to us that these values are important to them also. This company is working hard to not sacrifice quality for the sake of growth, and I commend them for this and urge them to continue this fight.

My other family

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bath, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

From my first day here, I felt welcomed into a warm and friendly family. I showed my dedication and worked hard, which did not go unnoticed. There were acknowledgements that were not only given at the time of my annual reviews; they were given through the year. If you have any ideas and/or questions they are responded and answered.

It has been portrayed that everyone in our company is important and that makes a great company. Not only am I reflected in my work but that is also reflected for this company and I believe my co-workers and I take pride in what we do every day to make this company stand out. Not a lot of people can say that they enjoy coming to work every day but I am glad that I am one of those people!

Cons

Lines of communication between management and employees were laxed but I have seen them improve significantly in the last year.

Keep up the good work! The employees look up to your hard work and appreciate the many praises that are given. Don't forget to mention the little things that are noticed to your employees...we really appreciate it!

There are newer employer reviews for BS&A Software

Worked for BS&A Software? Contribute to the Community!