Lack of management killing BT in South

Current Employee - Professional Services
Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at BT Ireland

Pros

Good Work life balance

Varied workload as BT has huge portfolio. Staff young & friendly. Central location
Lots of helpful people around the services.

Cons

Merger with BT Retail has been a disaster for BT in South, Cultural differences hugh between regions. All senior managers now based in North and all job losses are happening in South as there is No union.
Cost saving has gone ridicolous, office furmiture now being reconditioned.
Morale is lowest I have ever seen in a corporate setting.
Professional services model flawed. Middle management very poor, no vision, strategy or technical background
Lack of visibility of bigger BT, since de-merger from GS>

Focus on key accounts is to the detriment of any new business.
Key Sales staff left and replaced by poor qaulity people.
further Job losses on cards

Advice to Management

Resign..

Employ new Sales with background in IT or Telecomms industry. Focus on generating new business. Employ more managers from South.

reviews filtered by

Design and Implement Networks for Large Corporate and Government customers

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at BT Ireland

Pros

Occasional Home Working policy (2-3 days from home)
    Large Corporate clients
    Salary + Benefits
    VHI

Cons

Incompetent managers
    Rude corporate culture
    Dirty offices (toilets)
    Hot desking
    low morale
    high fluctuation (rotating door)

Advice to Management

Improve hiring process by introducing tests in order to filter out less capable applicants.

2. Unfair, Biased And Type Of Dismissal!

Former Employee - Technology in Ireland, WV
    Former Employee - Technology in Ireland, WV

I worked at BT Ireland (More than a year)

Pros

The Environment Is Quite Nice, Pay Was Alright, Friendly Atmosphere. I Worked To the Best Of My Ability, Yet Not Appreciated.
    We Only Learn Based On Trial And Error And Not Being Fatalistic at Response.
    No One Develops Him/Herself Based On

Cons

It was A Contract, I was Shocked to hear that After a short period I Had to Leave Without Any Notice.
    It Was A Shock To Me, The Communication Was Poor, Had To Stuggle to Get Stuffs Through Or Done.
    No One Develops Him/Herself Based On Such Fatal Response I witnessed Within This Global Corporate Entity.
    It was Quite A Ridiculous Type Of Induction And Preparation To Get One Immersed Fully Into The Environment.
    Shamelessly I was Let Go Suddenly Without A Just Reason But Discrimination I Must Say.

Advice to Management

Be Fair, Unbiased and Non-Discriminatory So that You Too Will Get Rewarded In Good Measure Rather Than Just Pick On Someone You Don't Like and Throw Him/Her Out.
    The Action Was Tantamount To Calamity Without Notice If I Must Describe It Well, We See This All Over The World.
    Therefore, If you Like your Rest Days To Be Well Fulfilled, Treat Contract Worker With Fairnes and Kindness.
    The Company Meant Really Well For All Irrespective Of their Race, You the Managers are the One Blackmailing this Great Company With Your Wicked Deeds, Again I Urge you To Imbibe / Invoke the Principle Of Unity With All You May Come Across In Future Because You Don't Know How You Will End Up So That One Day An Aggreived One Won't Storm Your Household For Revenge As Done All Around The World.