There are newer employer reviews for BT

Company has lost the plot

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Coventry, England (UK)
Former Employee - Field Engineer in Coventry, England (UK)

I worked at BT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I got a good amount of training, and working there does look good on a CV

Cons

Where do I start, common sense has completely gone out of the window in the past 3-4 years, so many things in the way of getting the job done - paperwork, stats and bureaucracy are far more important. Moving on to another job internally isn't as easy as it sounds, your manager can easily put a stop to that if he doesn't like you. And then you've raised your head above the parapet and the bullying starts. Work life balance, you would think a big company like this would support you and care, but instead you are expected to work all hours at little to no notice, and no sort of thanks is ever given. No chance of getting annual leave over summer, christmas, etc - its a struggle enough to even get a full week off. I enjoyed the job I did, the people I worked with, but the crap that came with the job was not worth it. This company had me off with stress twice and I'm only in my early 20s, so beware.

Sack all of HR, the stupid un-needed layers of management, and try and focus on THE JOB instead of bullying staff out of the door

349 Other Employee Reviews for BT (View Most Recent)

Learning and quick growth

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at BT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of responsibility and ownership is given. Depends on an individual to grow in the organisation. Good salaries a plus.

Cons

A lot of red tape exists in the organisation. A lot of unworthy people in the organisation. Needs to be careful in hiring.

Good training

I worked at BT

Pros

BT trained their staff very well in a variety of different skills from project mgt to process improvement.

Cons

The biggest con of working in BT is the bureaucracy, it can take weeks to get something approved and requires a number of forms

None