BT

www.btplc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for BT

The worst career experience I have ever had

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at BT

Pros

Excellent benefits and compensation. Generally competent peers within my department. Exposure to global experience in my field of interest. Closeness to home and airport for business travel.

Cons

Leadership at various levels (it gets worse as leadership level elevates) lead from a place of fear, lack of information, self-preservation and situationally determined professional morals and ethics. Communication and collaboration between related groups and within groups are fractured at best. It appears that for eh lest couple of years the decision has been made to transform at least in the US to become a mini-EDS as many key positions have been and continue to be filled by its former employees. ironically, while BT espouses specific work values of integrity, collaboration and customer-focus, the culture of EDS and those BT has hired from EDS generally behave in the opposite or close to opposite manner. It's hypocritical and has contributed to the creation of a toxic work environment.

Realize most of you who are in leadership positions are not respected and supported by the majority of employees in your teams. Self-reflect on why , take accountability and focus on transforming yourself because transformation is warranted.

403 Other Employee Reviews for BT (View Most Recent)

Restructure Needed

Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Professional in Newark, NJ

I have been working at BT

Pros

Company has a great mission, cutting edge portfolio of services. Really has the potential to rocket> The leadership team is smart and savy and they truly have a great customer base and great front line employees.

Cons

Haven't invested enough in frontline support to make sure that we are offering quality of service, Haven't offered raises in 3 years. Each division works as it's own separate entitiy duplicating efforts or worse sabotaging efforts of other sales team. Even though GLT is great, Middle Management is not. There is too much politics and not enough action.

Focus on combining teams and groups to really understand the economy of scale and services that could be delivered. As a company BT is bleeding money as they are trying to compensate too many sales team. sales leaders etc on small deals

Good then very Bad

Former Employee - Network Tech in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Network Tech in Princeton, NJ

I worked at BT

Pros

I learned a lot a BT. It was a good starting point in a career in IT. Everyone was also very easy to get a long with.

Cons

After some time working there they figured you've worked there long enough to know everything so from then on there was no help with any new projects that came up. They also gave people no time off because there was no one that could cover their time, so people would be mad at each other. Work was also non-stop from the second I walked into the door to about 30 mins after when I was supposed to have already left.

Go to upper management to tell them that people are very unhappy. Tell them that people are burnt out from dealing with a million things all at once.

There are newer employer reviews for BT