Disappointing

I worked at BTAS Inc.

Pros

-Great health/PTO benefits
-Many nice, hardworking people

Cons

-Managers have limited authority
-Company led by emotion, not reason
-Unreasonable expectations
-Respect not given to most employees
-Org structure kept mostly secret
-Drama very high
-Atmosphere unprofessional
-Morale tends to be very low

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect--respect for their time, dedication, and accomplishments. Make expectations clear--and be reasonable. Share the chain of command with all employees, so that they might have a chance to follow it. Don't allow personal drama to interfere with professionalism for all employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. BTAS, Inc. is THE BEST company for which I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Beavercreek, OH
    Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at BTAS Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are very people oriented. Management has an ACTUAL open-door policy and ALWAYS seriously considers any issue you bring to them. The work environment is very family friendly. They will even allow you to bring your pet to work to stay at your desk awaiting a vet appointment. The owners are incredible people with extensive knowledge of all aspects of IT, and DoD contracts. The ONLY reason I left is due to relocation to Atlanta. If you can work for this company you will be lucky!!!

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll continue to grow and prosper.

2. Terrible

Former Employee - Defense Contractor in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Defense Contractor in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at BTAS Inc.

Pros

Paychecks were posted regularly. Can't really think of anything beyond that. Don't really have much nice to say about BTAS, inc.

Cons

Worked at a remote site in the western region. Zero communication from management, emails and voicemails are often ignored. In 4+ years, my area supervisor never visited my work center once, nor did he give me a face-to-face feedback. Basically, he never knew what I did and had no knowledge of the contract he was managing. Scolding via email occurs when it is perceived you are not following some policy that was never communicated in the first place. Company tends to undercut employee benefits. For example, they provide you with medical and dental coverage that NO doctor/dentist/hospital in my are accepts. I paid for medical/dental that was basically useless. Also, they underestimate the billable hours for my project, therefore forcing me to use my PTO when I didn't want to. Only one pay increase in 4 years working here. I truly feel that this company has stunted my career growth.

Advice to Management

If you want to be a player in the defense contract game, you need to have good employees to back you. You need to KNOW your employees to get the best out of them. We are human beings, not numbers on a page.