BTU International
www.btu.com North Billerica, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Not a good career choice

Engineer (Former Employee)
North Billerica, MA

ProsEmployees are good at bringing new employees up to speed and sharing information.

ConsManagement does not treat employees well. Expect a 1-week shutdown at least once or twice a year, which forces you to take vacation or file unemployment. There is no opportunity for advancement. Overall morale is very low. On my very first day at orientation, I was told by HR that people at BTU have created a "funny" acronym: "Better Than Unemployment".

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand your product portfolio so that you dont have to force shutdowns every year. Make individuals (managers and engineers) accountable for their action/non-action.

Not for the ambitious

I have been working at BTU International

Pros: Low pressure, very flexible work hours, good life/work balance. Cons: Low pay & benefits, industry outlook is insecure. There have… Advice to Senior Management: None. More

Great people, family environment, desire to bring new products to market.

Management Consultant (Current Employee)
    North Billerica, MA

I have been working at BTU International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Some very bright marketing, engineering and sales people dedicated to… Cons: Industry is crowded, innovations take time to commercialize. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BTU International.

Worked for BTU International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BTU International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BTU International CEO Paul J. van der Wansem. All reviews posted anonymously by BTU International employees.