There are newer employer reviews for BWIR

The best professional experience of my life

I have been working at BWIR

Pros

Flexible hours, great leadership and great culture

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the good work

reviews filtered by
  1. B-WI

Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Chennai (India)

I have been working at BWIR

Pros

good to company to work with

Cons

compensation can be better adhering to industry standards

NA

2. Not a good company to work for in Embedded domain

Former Employee - Lead Design Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Lead Design Engineer in Chennai (India)

I worked at BWIR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My review is stricly regarding the Controls and embedded solutions practise in the chennai office(Barry wehmiller International,previously BWIR)
    The company gives job opporutnity to fresh graduates by conducting campus interview and to winners of design
    competition called the Design ACE.
    You will get oppotunity to travel abroad though for short term.

Cons

I worked as a softwar engineer in the controls & embedded division which was a new venture.
    1.Without resources, they bagged project and ended up in a mess. Always depended on contact resources so that they can send them back when required.
    2. No proper vision.Some people in the senior management are highly unprofessional.
    3. Had a tough time to get releived from the company. No formal acceptance of resignation.No proper defintion of notice period. Very hawkish,unprofesssional behaviour even in the HR department(called CPD here).
    4. Also the office environment is very poor. No proper chair to sit and work. I have myself seen one of my colleague falling down.AC's dont work and you need to depend on pedestal fan which also difficult to get.
    5. The company will change its policies as and when they deem it necessary to cut off cost,especially their travel policy.
    6. The company projects itself as a pioneer in Leadership quality. Maybe this is true for the corporate office at USA, but for the chennai office,I would beg to differ.

Please take care of employees first. No use it just talking about leadership, showcase them. The company says "We measure success by the way we touch the lives of people.” which is good to hear and promising,but when it comes to practicality its just contradicting. If the management can overcome all these, then they can be a sure winner.

There are newer employer reviews for BWIR