Babson College

www.babson.edu

Overall, A Good Experience

Associate Director (Former Employee) Wellesley, MA

ProsA small beautiful campus, so you will work closely with everyone. People are easy to get a hold of and almost always willing to help you. If you take the initiative, you can learn a lot of valuable skills and really build up your experiences. Great benefits, including a x4 match on your 403b. Tons of vacation and holidays. Easy commute for anyone living in metro west.

I worked with some of the nicest people in the world, and still to this day stay in touch with a lot of them. You really feel like a "team". Still to this day, it was the best group of people I've worked with.

ConsDepending on what group you work in, the pay is not so great. They really lowball you and there is not much room for negotiation. You get a 2% increase annually, if you are lucky. My last role at Babson included supervisory duties. I took a job elsewhere, non-managerial, and am making over 15% more. The low pay is not so bad if you are young and ambitious, but ultimately most people will leave for higher paying jobs.

At times the office was very cut throat and run like an emergency room at a hospital. Certainly, there will be times when everyone has to do more; however, upper management did not provide great leadership during these times. During my last year, the “bottom line” became the most important thing, and there was really not much regard to the people making it happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more open to other people's ideas. Communication got really bad in my last year. Decisions would be made and without any warning, policies, procedures and personal changes that affected the whole group were made. This is NOT the way business should be conducted. I totally understand that there are some issues that cannot be communicated in advance, but we had several incidents where there were opportunities to speak to the group, and upper management just made the choice and went with it.

student worker

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Babson Park, MA

I worked at Babson College part-time for more than a year

Pros: supervisors are mostly very nice and care about your study. You can let… Cons: Pays little above the minimum wage, and no benefits since… More

good, young, fresh

Advancement Intern (Current Employee) Babson Park, MA

I have been working at Babson College as an intern for more than a year

Pros: students, energetic, new leadership, mobility, Cons: crappy offices, some offices have poor energy, don't get enough… Advice to Senior Management: have more collaboration across the board Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Babson College.

Worked for Babson College? Contribute to the Community!