Bachecki, Crom & Company
www.bachcrom.com San Francisco, CA

A nice place to visit but I wouldn't want lo live here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bachecki, Crom & Company

ProsIt is in a great location and they offer great benefits. You will learn a lot about bankruptcy laws in preparing tax returns. They offer massages during tax season and birthday cake for your birthday. The compensation is fair for some positions and in others it is totally based on how well you can take a beating from the managing partner. If you are just starting out this is a good place for you to work, the first year or two will be great here. There are no cubicles here, even entry level employees get an office with a view.

ConsDownsides for working at BCC are a plenty. The major one is that the Managing Partner has created an abusive environment towards his employees. The only people that continue to work there feel as though they are "stuck" for various different reasons (i.e. limited education, over 50, declining job market). In the time that I was there two partners and thirteen other employees quit, ranging from administrative staff to senior management. I hadn't even been there ten years. Their tax practice is a joke. They are extremly overpriced. What individual wants to pay upwards of a thousand dollars for a simple tax return. They have lost numerous tax clients over the years due to incompetency and overpricing. If you are offered a partnership; Don't Take It. You will be a partner in name only and your opinion will never count for anything, believe me I know. There is no work life balance or flexibility. It was not uncommon to hear someone walking down the hall saying "and the beatings will continue until morale improves".

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that are competent and that you have a need for. It makes no since to keep hiring people just so that you can fill an empty office. You should actually care about your employees and thier total well being and not just the well being of your company. Work on having a work/life balance for your employees and really mean it. Creative criticizm is appreciated and needed for any job to thrive, but that should not be the only time you have something to say to your employees. Show some recognition and a little praise for a job well done. When you don't treat your employees with respect morale goes out the window. When you say you have an open door policy that should also include an open mind policy. Try to see things from someone else's point of view.

This is not a good place to work or to advance a career.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bachecki, Crom & Company

Pros: It's a good place to learn bankruptcy tax law, and… Cons: Managing Partner is abusive toward his employees. Success in this… Advice to Senior Management: Why is it that all those offices are empty? Why is it that no one stays as a partner? Why all the turnover… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a good place to work

Team Member - Staff Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bachecki, Crom & Company

Pros: Nice offices - free sodas Cons: As others have said, the Managing Partner is not nice. He seems to take an interest in… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and clients. You don't know all the answers. Management style here is awful. If your employees are not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bachecki, Crom & Company.

Worked for Bachecki, Crom & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bachecki, Crom & Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bachecki, Crom & Company CEO Jay D. Crom. All reviews posted anonymously by Bachecki, Crom & Company employees.