Backcountry.com

www.backcountry.com
  www.backcountry.com
There are newer employer reviews for Backcountry.com

Joining the Herd was been amazing

Current Employee - Marketing in Park City, UT
Current Employee - Marketing in Park City, UT

I have been working at Backcountry.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the sense of community here at Backcountry, employees are very friendly helpful to a new hire. There's instant reception and acceptance, invites to go outdoors together and a welcome family vibe.

Cons

Haven't found a single Con, I'm loving every day here.

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to invest in your people and it will pay dividends.

93 Other Employee Reviews for Backcountry.com (View Most Recent)

Great Culture and Rewarding Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Backcountry.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like working for a company that provides a great experience for customers and helps them get outside, get active and enjoy the activities they love. It’s fun to work for a company with a brand people are excited about. Customers put The Goat on their cars and gear…what other ecommerce company can say that about their logo!?! The number of smart, dedicated people in the org is amazing. There are tons of opportunities to learn and grow. In my experience, senior leadership is made up of real people with integrity who are open to new ideas and want to make the company great. If you work hard, you can advance. Employees are expected to innovate, deliver results, and use the gear we sell.

Cons

There are a lot of initiatives competing for resources and sometimes the hard choices aren’t made on what projects get done, which can lead to wasted effort.

The additions to the exec team are great. Do fewer things better. Identify fewer key projects and ensure they are supported with the resources they need. Get broader, cross-functional teams involved and align all departments around 3-4 BIG objectives.

A Company Committed to Breaking Trail

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Backcountry.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Thinking outside the box, being innovative, and taking the opportunity to build things in your area of expertise and work is not only encouraged, it is rewarded. Taking the next steps to continue rapid growth as a company lends itself to opportunities to join and do work (get things done) that directly makes an impact you can see right away. The perks and benefits, as well as the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team of people working to build and sustain a great site and customer experience, are all part of the reason I stay with Backcountry.

Cons

If you prefer stepping into a company where policies and procedures are established, people wear suits and ties, or where the norm is rewarded then this is likely not the place for you. Change management and internal communication did have challenges, but the executive team has taken great steps to repair and address these issues.

Follow through with the newly launched internal brand campaign and values. Hold people accountable to break trail, get things done, and be passionate in the workplace about ourselves and about our customers. Don't stop communicating!

There are newer employer reviews for Backcountry.com