Backroads
www.backroads.com Berkeley, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Dream Job

Trip Leader (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGet paid to hike, bike, and show people a good time in the best places on Earth. The guests tend to be very nice people who are enjoyable to spend time with. The co-workers are *AMAZING*. Hands down best job experience I've had.

ConsNomadic lifestyle, never home for holidays, hard to maintain personal relationships. Sometimes very long hours (but the work and people are so awesome that often isn't so bad).

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to upper management - Tom and crew do a great job of making the best out of every situation.

awesome coleaders, upper management heavy handed

Trip (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Backroads part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the people you work with can turn out to be your best friends for life. The places… Cons: the pay is low, the obsessive focus on evaluation can… Advice to Senior Management: hire some people from outside who are business saavy with new ideas.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company culture.

Trip Leader (Former Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

I worked at Backroads as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: There is a lot of freedom and opportunity to grow. Cons: It's really just a high end service job. Advice to Senior Management: Growth in the company depends too much on nepotism from… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Backroads.

Worked for Backroads? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Backroads reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Backroads CEO Tom Hale. All reviews posted anonymously by Backroads employees.