Badgeville

There are newer employer reviews for Badgeville

Motivating The Beat Out of Every Single Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Badgeville

Pros

Badgeville is a great place to work. The management team, despite being incredibly busy, always makes sure every employee feels like a part of the team. While the team comes from diverse backgrounds ranging from former managers of loyalty programs at major credit card companies, to PhDs in physics, to lecturing anthropologists, everyone has their place and works toward a common goal. There are many reasons to be motivated on a daily basis, and most employees, if not all employees, are happy to go the extra mile to help out their team members. It's also really rewarding to be part of a fast growing, and so far very successful startup, and to experience what it's like to work together to get deals closed and built a truly innovative SaaS product with an impressive and growing list of clients from around the world.

Cons

Like any startup, you're expected to (or just have to) work fairly long hours to get your job done. It honestly doesn't seem like you're working that long because it's fun, interesting work, but for some people with families it does require more time, then, say working a 9-5 job that you can be done with when you go home for the day. If you want an extremely structured (ie "big company") environment, then this is probably not a place you would want to work. However, it's actually fairly structured for a startup environment, with more processes and procedures being put in place as the company grows.

The most important thing is to not lose the spirit of excitement and fun that makes Badgeville a unique and wonderful place to work, whether we have 10 employees, 35 employees or 100 employees. As long as that team feeling is still around, and we keep hiring most intelligent and creative people to be part of our team, the company will continue to be a great place to work.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Badgeville (View Most Recent)

one of those normal startups

Former Employee - Software Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Badgeville

Pros

At badgeville, you are not alone shaping the company in how you perform your immediate responsibilities, but you're also offering feedback on all aspects of the business. In addition, many people join a company and find that within months they're expected to manage several new hires.

Cons

Long hours.
    Unclear job description.
    Low pay.
    Limited credibility.

If the coworkers have never spent time at a big company, they may have never been taught how "real" companies do things.

Just had a great quarter. Moved into a new office with great downtown location

Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Badgeville full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible when it comes to work; as long as the deadlines are met youre free to do as you please. They have a foosball table, ping pong table, and a giant kitchen that always has lots of food and drinks, not to mention providing lunch Monday Wednesday and Friday , caltrain rides, and a gym membership. New CEO has made sure we are all on the same page with all-hands meetings and lunch announcements. Honestly, despite the tough transition period the last few quarters I feel better now about the company and the product after talking with other departments and seeing their confidence as well. We just signed some big customers Amex, CDW and Walgreens last quarter and are going after new customers in different verticals, and promotions were handed out as well. Good to know some of the uncertainty is shedded now that we are in land and expand mode. The new office is great and easy to commute from caltrain. The previous office was in more of an isolated corporate complex, and this place definitely gives us a start-up edgy feel. I just like the fact that its easier to meet people at a coffee shop within walking distance.

Cons

Sometimes hours are long and a bit demanding. The environment definitely reflects the company, still trying to put some processes together. There are no cubicles or separate spaces so sometimes it might be a bit loud for someone sensitive to noise.

theres never a problem with over-communicating and getting everybody on the same page, always always keep the employees, staff in a loop.

There are newer employer reviews for Badgeville