There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Awesome experience

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

-Intense focus on professional development, for both a future in and outside of Bain
-Amazing friendly and social atmosphere/culture
-Opportunity to work on the most challenging questions and most leveraged issues companies face
-Office transfer and externship program make it easy to explore other opportunities geographically or in other industries
-Focus on sustainable work/life balance (doesn't always work out, but the effort and processes in place clearly show that it's a priority)
-Accessibility of partner group
-Travel limited to situations/cases where it's useful (not every case requires travel)
-Generalist approach allows for diversity of experiences, but still opportunities to specialize

Cons

Not your normal 9-5 job - can be intense at times
Like other consulting firms, relatively high turnover compared to industry
Some of the bigger offices have reached size where it's difficult to know everyone in the office

Continue focusing on culture

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun and exciting, lack of oppurtunities

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company

Pros

Fun, great culture. You will form life long bonds with the people you work with.

Cons

There is a massive disconnect between consulting and administrative employees. The lack of structure of the admin side makes career advancement a nearly impossible. When an oppurtunity would arise the lack of mentiorship leaves the admin staff with almost no chance of moving forward. The salary level is at least 20% lower than other Boston based jobs.

Start valuing your talented admin staff.

Proud Alumni

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bain & Company

Pros

Working at Bain was a pleasure and a joy. My colleagues were smart, impressive and enjoyable to spend time with. I learned a tremendous amount and felt prepared for my business life, post-Bain. I now have friends for life and an exceptional business network.

Cons

More multinational clients and time 'on the coal-face' with clients means time away from home. I am fully supportive of being client-facing but it's a conscious trade-off that applicants will need to make (and no different from the competition).

Keep up the fantastic global training sessions!

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company