Bain & Company

www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

This is one of the best jobs for someone right out of college or an MBA program

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

The poeple who work here make all the difference. There is also a level of introspection and self application of our tools where Bain tends to overcommunicate and work hard to ensure that this is a great place to work. The partners here really do care that the most junior people have great experiences. Also, from day 1 of being an AC through being a Consultant, everyone's input is asked for and the quality of your input is what guides the conversation, not your rank or tenure.

Cons

Like all management consulting firms, this is a rigorous experience. No one should come to Bain or any of its competitors if they're not willing to work very hard at times. On the whole my hours have been very reasonable, but there are cases where hours spike and you might be traveling 3-4 days a week. I think Bain is better at managing this than other firms and works to mitigate this downside, but it's something to be aware of when applying for jobs.

662 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Bain is a fun learning environment where you can have real impact right away

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Bain has the most fun, creative and intelligent people of any firm in the world. Bain clients are leaders in their industries and give us free reign to peer inside their companies and make suggestions for improvement, so the work is stimulating, challenging and has deep and lasting impacts. Bain is a trusted advisor in so many different industries and has developed IP on many sectors such that the business education Bainies recieve is well-rounded. Beyond the case work, the office culture is quirky and values the individuals that make it up. There are frequent and fun office events that are both planned by the office administration and that bubble up from people at all tenures here as a result of the passions they have at work (i.e. a discussion on Bain's outlook on the world economy) or the passions they have outside of work (i.e. a discussion from Whitney Tilson on the state of the educational inequity in the United States and what we can do about it). Bain's dedication to it's community here in New York is also inspiring: we work extensively with many local non-profits to raise money, donate consulting services and other time for volunteer projects to the organizations that we care about. Finally, the "extra-curriculars" ranging from Bain sports to the Bain band (that rehearses in a real recording studio and performs as the entertainment for the whole office at our summer meeting) fill the work place with energy and create lasting bonds between the extraordinary individuals who work here.

Cons

Like any service firm, the hours can be unpredictable. That said, Bain managers and leaders put a focused effort on building sustainable.

Continue to innovate in recruiting to be on the front lines of diversifying the workplace and offering opportunties to your employees along the lines of externship and flexibly workplace models to sustain a long career at Bain.

No better place to start a career

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

I truly believe there is no better place to start your career than at Bain. At Bain you are given opportunities to work with senior level executives, solve challenging business problems, and spend each day with co-workers who are incredibly talented yet down to earth

Cons

In a professional services firm lifestyle is not always predictable but management does the best they can to plan ahead to reduce issues

Bain can do a better job providing opportunities for ACs/Consultants to develop more expertise in areas they are passionate about

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company