There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

No better place to start a career

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

I truly believe there is no better place to start your career than at Bain. At Bain you are given opportunities to work with senior level executives, solve challenging business problems, and spend each day with co-workers who are incredibly talented yet down to earth

Cons

In a professional services firm lifestyle is not always predictable but management does the best they can to plan ahead to reduce issues

Bain can do a better job providing opportunities for ACs/Consultants to develop more expertise in areas they are passionate about

571 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Bain provided the best post-graduate Business education I could have received at any job.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Bain has a great culture - people you enjoy working with and spending time with outside of work.

Cons

We are very tenure-based in promotions. It is a meritocracy, but only within certain broader guidelines for required tenure at certain positions.

Proud Alumni

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bain & Company

Pros

Working at Bain was a pleasure and a joy. My colleagues were smart, impressive and enjoyable to spend time with. I learned a tremendous amount and felt prepared for my business life, post-Bain. I now have friends for life and an exceptional business network.

Cons

More multinational clients and time 'on the coal-face' with clients means time away from home. I am fully supportive of being client-facing but it's a conscious trade-off that applicants will need to make (and no different from the competition).

Keep up the fantastic global training sessions!

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!