Bain & Company

www.bain.com
  www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Learning experience in a great culture

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Bain is a place with a wonderful and strong culture, a strong focus on professional development, and a real drive toward delivery of results for the client

Cons

As with any consulting firm, you will face consulting hours and difficult travel at times. The promotions can be somewhat slow for type-a's, but generally still fast paced.

Continue to re-inforce the culture. It is what makes Bain stand out from the consulting norm.

641 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Good brand and people, but no coaching or mentorship

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Good brand and will provide many exit opportunities.
    Very talented, smart and friendly employees
    Competitive compensation

Cons

Culture is not friendly to international employees.
    Does not have strong vertical capabilities in technology industries
    While mentorship and coaching are talked about a lot; I did not see anything in action. I have not been assigned a mentor during my 2 years

Focus on building talent through mentorship and coaching

Bain is a fun learning environment where you can have real impact right away

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Bain has the most fun, creative and intelligent people of any firm in the world. Bain clients are leaders in their industries and give us free reign to peer inside their companies and make suggestions for improvement, so the work is stimulating, challenging and has deep and lasting impacts. Bain is a trusted advisor in so many different industries and has developed IP on many sectors such that the business education Bainies recieve is well-rounded. Beyond the case work, the office culture is quirky and values the individuals that make it up. There are frequent and fun office events that are both planned by the office administration and that bubble up from people at all tenures here as a result of the passions they have at work (i.e. a discussion on Bain's outlook on the world economy) or the passions they have outside of work (i.e. a discussion from Whitney Tilson on the state of the educational inequity in the United States and what we can do about it). Bain's dedication to it's community here in New York is also inspiring: we work extensively with many local non-profits to raise money, donate consulting services and other time for volunteer projects to the organizations that we care about. Finally, the "extra-curriculars" ranging from Bain sports to the Bain band (that rehearses in a real recording studio and performs as the entertainment for the whole office at our summer meeting) fill the work place with energy and create lasting bonds between the extraordinary individuals who work here.

Cons

Like any service firm, the hours can be unpredictable. That said, Bain managers and leaders put a focused effort on building sustainable.

Continue to innovate in recruiting to be on the front lines of diversifying the workplace and offering opportunties to your employees along the lines of externship and flexibly workplace models to sustain a long career at Bain.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company