There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Best career growth opportunities; supportive work culture

Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is the only company I have worked at that encourages their CSS (Consulting Support Staff) staff to grow and/or try different roles within the company. There is an open dialogue on your individual professional development. My direct manager is invested in my learning; she recommends training modules to me and matches me with peers when I need to learn a particular skill.

Cons

I wish there were more formal training for CSS at Bain, but they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on recruiting and hiring the best CSS and consulting staff; focus on getting the culture fit right.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

Challenging and exciting summer internship

Current Intern - Associate Consultant Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Associate Consultant Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and meaningful work, tons of fun events, personable co-workers, bosses are easy to relate to, pay isn't bad, either

Cons

Hours can be long and pressure can be intense depending on what case you're staffed on; all the fun you have on weekends leaves little time for rest

Advice to Management

Don't start pulling us off of our case work so often and so early in the internship to work on our final presentations. I feel like we get more out of working with our teams than presenting 10 slides to a few partners.

Great people, little to no opportunities for advancement from administrative assistant roles

Current Employee - Manager Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company culture; great people: bright, energetic, hardworking; opportunities endless for consultant staff

Cons

Few opportunities for non-consulting staff, poor management for non-consulting staff

Advice to Management

Hire brighter and more capable people for your middle-management administrative positions.