There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Best career growth opportunities; supportive work culture

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Team Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is the only company I have worked at that encourages their CSS (Consulting Support Staff) staff to grow and/or try different roles within the company. There is an open dialogue on your individual professional development. My direct manager is invested in my learning; she recommends training modules to me and matches me with peers when I need to learn a particular skill.

Cons

I wish there were more formal training for CSS at Bain, but they are working on it.

Continue to focus on recruiting and hiring the best CSS and consulting staff; focus on getting the culture fit right.

585 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Challenging and exciting summer internship

Current Employee - Associate Consultant Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interesting and meaningful work, tons of fun events, personable co-workers, bosses are easy to relate to, pay isn't bad, either

Cons

Hours can be long and pressure can be intense depending on what case you're staffed on; all the fun you have on weekends leaves little time for rest

Don't start pulling us off of our case work so often and so early in the internship to work on our final presentations. I feel like we get more out of working with our teams than presenting 10 slides to a few partners.

Overall, great career for short stints. Limited and self-limiting for >5 yrs.

Current Employee - AC to Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - AC to Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Attracts the highest calibre people at all entry point levels.

Competitive compensation for those starting out or switching fields.

Young 20s and 30s culture. "Work hard, play hard."

You earn experience and pedigree fast. Good exit opportunities into corporate or finance arenas.

Cons

No women, no minorities, no effort to encourage heterogeneity of profile or thought. Big boys culture.

You will never see your family. The young single people love the travel and perqs opportunities. The married people have either uber traditional or shaky marriages because you are never home and can commit to nothing.

People who work there more than a couple of years develop a mindset that there isn't anything in the world outside Bain that pays or rewards better. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!