Bain & Company

www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Working at Bain has given me work/life flexibility and the opportunity to make a significant global impact

Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY
Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are smart, dynamic and fun and the global network of peers is fantastic. There is a strong focus on results and efficiency which optimizes the work we do and the outcome for our clients. The company does more than help other companies grow their profits,they are also very commited to driving social change and have both a formal and informal way for employees to get involved. There are great flexible career path options to enhance work/life balance - I'm taking advantage of one right now. And if you decide Bain isn't for you, it's a highly sought-after training ground for other careers (headhunters call all the time) and there is a strong alumni network to leverage for connections.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, being client-facing comes with two big cons: travel and schedule unpredictability. Bain tries to minimize both (e.g. not being away the full week if on a travel case, planning key client meetings in advance, anticipating the unexpected), but there's always an element that will remain uncontrollable.

Continue supporting the flexible options for your employees - work/life balance is only going to increase in importance. Continue investing globally in social impact/pro bono work - it makes us all feel good to be part of the firm knowing that our company-wide efforts are effecting global change.

689 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Bain & Company has offered me an incredible platform upon which to build a great career; the learning, impact, and a won

Current Employee - Partner in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Partner in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people and culture are hard to believe from the outside. It's truly exraordinary.

Cons

It's an intense place; need to bring your running shoes!

Keep investing in people and culture. It's what makes Bain so special.

bain company review.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

decent pay, ok exit opps. name is kind of recognized, mostly in US but little worldwide

Cons

average people, average management. Fake relationships among peers

structure the hiring process