Bain & Company

www.bain.com

Working at Bain has given me work/life flexibility and the opportunity to make a significant global impact

Case Team Leader (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are smart, dynamic and fun and the global network of peers is fantastic. There is a strong focus on results and efficiency which optimizes the work we do and the outcome for our clients. The company does more than help other companies grow their profits,they are also very commited to driving social change and have both a formal and informal way for employees to get involved. There are great flexible career path options to enhance work/life balance - I'm taking advantage of one right now. And if you decide Bain isn't for you, it's a highly sought-after training ground for other careers (headhunters call all the time) and there is a strong alumni network to leverage for connections.

ConsAs with any consulting firm, being client-facing comes with two big cons: travel and schedule unpredictability. Bain tries to minimize both (e.g. not being away the full week if on a travel case, planning key client meetings in advance, anticipating the unexpected), but there's always an element that will remain uncontrollable.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue supporting the flexible options for your employees - work/life balance is only going to increase in importance. Continue investing globally in social impact/pro bono work - it makes us all feel good to be part of the firm knowing that our company-wide efforts are effecting global change.

Bain & Company has offered me an incredible platform upon which to build a great career; the learning, impact, and a won

Partner (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people and culture are hard to believe from the… Cons: It's an intense place; need to bring your running shoes! Advice to Senior Management: Keep investing in people and culture. It's what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best career growth opportunities; supportive work culture

Team Leader (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is the only company I have worked at that encourages their CSS (Consulting Support Staff) staff to grow and/or try different roles within the… Cons: I wish there were more formal training for CSS at… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on recruiting and hiring the best CSS… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bain & Company.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!