There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Great post-MBA landing spot

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Engaged and energetic people
- Workable lifestyle
- Multiple opportunities outside of work

Bain is a great place to work post-MBA. I have colleagues that are younger and engage in multiple additional opportunities including the Bain Band, non-profit work, and recruiting, as well as colleagues who have young children and still find time to balance their case work while spending time with their families. Los Angeles in particular is a smaller office within the North American system and within 3 months you'll definitely know everyone's name (as opposed to just randomly passing them in the hall and awkwardly nodding)

Cons

- High turnover (typical of consulting)
- May have to spend some time in your car

Like any consulting you may be staffed in a case that involves significant and / or inconvenient travel (but there's always Starwoods) or with a manager whose working style differs from your own. But these apply to the field in general more than Bain and I think the company does a good job of utilizing a regional model to minimize excessive or unnecessary travel and having multiple opportunities for upward feedback including monthly case team surveys that are displayed in the office kitchen to help improve case team dynamics.

Keep doing what you're doing, while prioritizing making sure our case mix stays diverse and our culture stays vibrant.

567 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Great place to launch your executive career

Former Employee - Principal  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Principal in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The career/geographic flexibility and awesome culture - young, vibrant, creative. I worked in four continents over my decade there.

Cons

A lot bigger (and a bit more stuffy) than it used to be. Still great but has become a legitimate 'big' company.

Accept other 'types' of people who might succeed in senior roles. The junior partners are not really inspiring and detracts from the value proposition

International management consulting firm is a great first job out of college that prepares you to break into other areas

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diligence of private equity targets in various industries, financial data analysis and modeling, market research, customer surveys, and collaborating with clients on strategy and buy-in to Bain action plans on 2-10+ person teams. Fantastic culture, you will become part of a worldwide family and make friends who will be with you for life.

Cons

Can feel distanced from true products and services, often feels like you are just giving advice rather than taking action. Can be variable, long hours, not the best job in terms of hourly wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!