There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

A challenging, but incredibly rewarding learning experience

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with smart, driven co-workers and leaders. Exposure to a wide variety of industries and business functions. Opportunity to shape the future of large, influential companies and interface regularly with the leaders of those companies. Developing a superb platform for future career opportunities.

Cons

Long hours and significant travel. Difficulty in "turning it off" at the end of the day - often an expectation to be available late at night and/or on the weekends. Low degree of independence in first few years with the firm - often at the mercy of your direct superior

Continue to try and improve the lifestyle and sustainability of the job for current employees. Continue to be selective in the work we support, walking away from profitable yet low value-add work in order to focus on more strategic, higher-impact projects that differentiates us in the market place and provides a more exciting work environment for our associates

591 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

International management consulting firm is a great first job out of college that prepares you to break into other areas

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diligence of private equity targets in various industries, financial data analysis and modeling, market research, customer surveys, and collaborating with clients on strategy and buy-in to Bain action plans on 2-10+ person teams. Fantastic culture, you will become part of a worldwide family and make friends who will be with you for life.

Cons

Can feel distanced from true products and services, often feels like you are just giving advice rather than taking action. Can be variable, long hours, not the best job in terms of hourly wage.

Working at Bain has given me work/life flexibility and the opportunity to make a significant global impact

Current Employee - Case Team Leader  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are smart, dynamic and fun and the global network of peers is fantastic. There is a strong focus on results and efficiency which optimizes the work we do and the outcome for our clients. The company does more than help other companies grow their profits,they are also very commited to driving social change and have both a formal and informal way for employees to get involved. There are great flexible career path options to enhance work/life balance - I'm taking advantage of one right now. And if you decide Bain isn't for you, it's a highly sought-after training ground for other careers (headhunters call all the time) and there is a strong alumni network to leverage for connections.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, being client-facing comes with two big cons: travel and schedule unpredictability. Bain tries to minimize both (e.g. not being away the full week if on a travel case, planning key client meetings in advance, anticipating the unexpected), but there's always an element that will remain uncontrollable.

Continue supporting the flexible options for your employees - work/life balance is only going to increase in importance. Continue investing globally in social impact/pro bono work - it makes us all feel good to be part of the firm knowing that our company-wide efforts are effecting global change.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!