Bain & Company

www.bain.com
  www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

A fun culture of highly intelligent people collaborating to bring first-class results to clients' toughest problems

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun loving, yet hard working culture. You will want to be with the people you work with, making case teams a truly enjoyable experience. Bias towards coaching/mentoring really pays off for new starts, and encourages those who become senior to pass it on to their mentees. Encourages a one team attitude throughout.

Cons

You will travel for this job, so don't come into it with any misperceptions.

Continue to set the example of the best of both worlds - delivering superior value, coaching up direct reports and all associates you interact with, while having a blast doing it.

641 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Excellent Job

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, committed management, Excellent culture. This is a great place to work out of school, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Consulting industry means a lot of travel. Generally low comp relative to some other options. I think the lifestyle can also get tough at times, so be prepared for some long hours occasionally. At those times, the job doesn't seem worth it, but if you look over a 3-6 month period, I always felt very happy to be where I was.

Keep your eye on the ball - was phenomenal and getting better while I was there.

International management consulting firm is a great first job out of college that prepares you to break into other areas

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Diligence of private equity targets in various industries, financial data analysis and modeling, market research, customer surveys, and collaborating with clients on strategy and buy-in to Bain action plans on 2-10+ person teams. Fantastic culture, you will become part of a worldwide family and make friends who will be with you for life.

Cons

Can feel distanced from true products and services, often feels like you are just giving advice rather than taking action. Can be variable, long hours, not the best job in terms of hourly wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company