There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

A fun culture of highly intelligent people collaborating to bring first-class results to clients' toughest problems

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun loving, yet hard working culture. You will want to be with the people you work with, making case teams a truly enjoyable experience. Bias towards coaching/mentoring really pays off for new starts, and encourages those who become senior to pass it on to their mentees. Encourages a one team attitude throughout.

Cons

You will travel for this job, so don't come into it with any misperceptions.

Continue to set the example of the best of both worlds - delivering superior value, coaching up direct reports and all associates you interact with, while having a blast doing it.

567 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Excellent Job

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, committed management, Excellent culture. This is a great place to work out of school, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Consulting industry means a lot of travel. Generally low comp relative to some other options. I think the lifestyle can also get tough at times, so be prepared for some long hours occasionally. At those times, the job doesn't seem worth it, but if you look over a 3-6 month period, I always felt very happy to be where I was.

Keep your eye on the ball - was phenomenal and getting better while I was there.

Great post-MBA landing spot

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Engaged and energetic people
    - Workable lifestyle
    - Multiple opportunities outside of work

Bain is a great place to work post-MBA. I have colleagues that are younger and engage in multiple additional opportunities including the Bain Band, non-profit work, and recruiting, as well as colleagues who have young children and still find time to balance their case work while spending time with their families. Los Angeles in particular is a smaller office within the North American system and within 3 months you'll definitely know everyone's name (as opposed to just randomly passing them in the hall and awkwardly nodding)

Cons

- High turnover (typical of consulting)
    - May have to spend some time in your car

Like any consulting you may be staffed in a case that involves significant and / or inconvenient travel (but there's always Starwoods) or with a manager whose working style differs from your own. But these apply to the field in general more than Bain and I think the company does a good job of utilizing a regional model to minimize excessive or unnecessary travel and having multiple opportunities for upward feedback including monthly case team surveys that are displayed in the office kitchen to help improve case team dynamics.

Keep doing what you're doing, while prioritizing making sure our case mix stays diverse and our culture stays vibrant.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!