There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

A fun culture of highly intelligent people collaborating to bring first-class results to clients' toughest problems

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun loving, yet hard working culture. You will want to be with the people you work with, making case teams a truly enjoyable experience. Bias towards coaching/mentoring really pays off for new starts, and encourages those who become senior to pass it on to their mentees. Encourages a one team attitude throughout.

Cons

You will travel for this job, so don't come into it with any misperceptions.

Advice to Management

Continue to set the example of the best of both worlds - delivering superior value, coaching up direct reports and all associates you interact with, while having a blast doing it.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

Executive Assistant Approves!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, amazing opportunities, intellectually stimulating, outstanding benefits, feels like family.

Cons

Nothing to report here - Bain has exceeded my expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I've been an EA for 15+ years and have never felt more included in the company and culture as I have at Bain. Bain cares about everyone (not just the consulting staff) and they prove it every day.

2. Excellent Job

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, committed management, Excellent culture. This is a great place to work out of school, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Consulting industry means a lot of travel. Generally low comp relative to some other options. I think the lifestyle can also get tough at times, so be prepared for some long hours occasionally. At those times, the job doesn't seem worth it, but if you look over a 3-6 month period, I always felt very happy to be where I was.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the ball - was phenomenal and getting better while I was there.