A great place to work

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent mentorship, terrific client base, and a system built around maximizing individual development, client results, and work-life balance. The company does an excellent job of trying to keep employees happy while taking no shortcuts in providing maximum value to their clients.

Cons

It is a consulting firm, so the quality of life and day-to-day work enjoyment depends on the nature of the client and engagement type that you are assigned to.

Other Reviews for Bain & Company

A fun culture of highly intelligent people collaborating to bring first-class results to clients' toughest problems

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun loving, yet hard working culture. You will want to be with the people you work with, making case teams a truly enjoyable experience. Bias towards coaching/mentoring really pays off for new starts, and encourages those who become senior to pass it on to their mentees. Encourages a one team attitude throughout.

Cons

You will travel for this job, so don't come into it with any misperceptions.

Continue to set the example of the best of both worlds - delivering superior value, coaching up direct reports and all associates you interact with, while having a blast doing it.

Excellent Job

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, committed management, Excellent culture. This is a great place to work out of school, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Consulting industry means a lot of travel. Generally low comp relative to some other options. I think the lifestyle can also get tough at times, so be prepared for some long hours occasionally. At those times, the job doesn't seem worth it, but if you look over a 3-6 month period, I always felt very happy to be where I was.

Keep your eye on the ball - was phenomenal and getting better while I was there.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company.

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!