There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Outstanding firm with amazing people. I love this place!

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are outstanding. Bain has built an incredibly special culture that is down to earth, collegial, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and just out right fun. I absolutely love coming to work here and truly miss the office and our people when I'm away. That's a rarity and something I cherish each day.

Cons

Client services is inherently challenging when it comes to work/life balance. Bain has a huge number of systems in place to track work/life balance and ensure each person has a great experience overall, but consulting will at times mean travel and late nights. Overall, I've found the firm and the people to be extremely flexible and willing to help you make this career work. Everyone here is invested in their life outside of Bain, so we are all aligned towards the same goal!

reviews filtered by
  1. Amazing experience, unparalleled learning, awesome colleagues, company that really cares

Current Employee - Principal in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Smart down to earth colleagues, high impact work, great compensation,unparalleled training ground in business, high integrity partners, high focus on the individual, Bain always leans in when employees have challenges outside of work (eg health or personal issues). I have nothing but great things to say about Bain

Cons

Long hours, unpredictable travel at times

Continue the efforts to make the job more manageable

2. Great company to build foundational business skills

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Fun work hard, play hard culture
    - Best business training ground
    - Help make real change at clients, not just perform studies

Cons

- Lot of hours
    - Can be a lot of trouble, although they have improved this quite a bit (office dependent also)
    - Up or out meritocracy is good if you're going up, no so much if you are good but just need more time to mature

Recognize the need for some consultants to take more time to make it to the next level, and give it to them

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company