Bain & Company

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Fantastic place to work

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great variety of experience while developing a highly transferrable skill set; the coaching and mentoring you will get is fantastic, you are given the tools you need to grow and continue learning; competitive compensation; international transfer opportunities can be life-changing; great exit options; and most of all the people are amazing (extremely talented yet humble); Chicago office is one of the best in the global system

Cons

The travel eventually takes its toll (though Bain does what it can to manage this and all the miles/points you’ll accumulate are a perk); your work-life balance and overall satisfaction for any 3-6 month period is highly project dependent (the rare poorly matched team or occasionally ornery client can make life difficult)

Continue to invest in professional development of employees and never stray from the wonderful Bain culture

667 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Outstanding firm with amazing people. I love this place!

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are outstanding. Bain has built an incredibly special culture that is down to earth, collegial, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and just out right fun. I absolutely love coming to work here and truly miss the office and our people when I'm away. That's a rarity and something I cherish each day.

Cons

Client services is inherently challenging when it comes to work/life balance. Bain has a huge number of systems in place to track work/life balance and ensure each person has a great experience overall, but consulting will at times mean travel and late nights. Overall, I've found the firm and the people to be extremely flexible and willing to help you make this career work. Everyone here is invested in their life outside of Bain, so we are all aligned towards the same goal!

Amazing experience, unparalleled learning, awesome colleagues, company that really cares

Current Employee - Principal in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Smart down to earth colleagues, high impact work, great compensation,unparalleled training ground in business, high integrity partners, high focus on the individual, Bain always leans in when employees have challenges outside of work (eg health or personal issues). I have nothing but great things to say about Bain

Cons

Long hours, unpredictable travel at times

Continue the efforts to make the job more manageable

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company