Bain & Company

www.bain.com
  www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Great people, great culture, great work

Current Employee - Consultant (Second Year) in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Consultant (Second Year) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people you work with are always high quality and geniunely invest in your future.
The local staffing model produces an environment that is more sustainable than other consulting companies I have worked for.
The culture results in a place that is fun to work in and long-lasting relationships inside and outside of the workplace.

Cons

The generalist model certainly has its pros and cons - especially when you join later in your career.
Bain's dominance in the world of private equity can result in some great learnings, but also pretty much requires its employees to take a tour through the demanding Private Equity Group at some point in their career.

640 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Best place to work, hands down

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bain does amazing work for its clients. The focus is always on delivering results and working collarboratively with the clients. It is very rewarding work.

The people at Bain are the best. People are supportive and help you develop your career. The combination of making an impact at my clients and working with amazing people make me want to build my career at Bain.

Cons

As with all consulting, the hours can be long, so know what you're getting into before choosing a consulting career. Bain is rewarding, both financially and personally, and it takes dediciation to sustain it long term.

The most incredible set of learning experiences I've ever had

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are fantastic, the problems you are tasked to solve are challenging and interesting, and the training/coaching is second to none.

Cons

At times your schedule can be unpredictable and swing from very manageable to unmanageable, but this is to be expected in the world of strategy consulting.

Invest in the 1st-2nd years and make sure their team experiences are good; it will pay serious dividends when it comes to the quality of work they put forth.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company