There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Best place to work, hands down

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Bain does amazing work for its clients. The focus is always on delivering results and working collarboratively with the clients. It is very rewarding work.

The people at Bain are the best. People are supportive and help you develop your career. The combination of making an impact at my clients and working with amazing people make me want to build my career at Bain.

Cons

As with all consulting, the hours can be long, so know what you're getting into before choosing a consulting career. Bain is rewarding, both financially and personally, and it takes dediciation to sustain it long term.

570 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

The most incredible set of learning experiences I've ever had

Current Employee - Associate Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are fantastic, the problems you are tasked to solve are challenging and interesting, and the training/coaching is second to none.

Cons

At times your schedule can be unpredictable and swing from very manageable to unmanageable, but this is to be expected in the world of strategy consulting.

Invest in the 1st-2nd years and make sure their team experiences are good; it will pay serious dividends when it comes to the quality of work they put forth.

Best training for anything you want to do in life

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always learning something new. Opportunities to expose yourself to different industries, markets, geographies. Surrounded by incredible people, who are smart, interesting, and mostly compassionate / interested in mutual benefit. Very low internal competition, extremely collegiate environment.

Cons

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and do work that's less appealing for a time. Not always an opportunity to work on what you want to work on, whether it be industry or time of work. You have to actively manage work/life balance to keep yourself sane.

Continue over-investing in your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!