Bain & Company

www.bain.com
  www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Great launching pad for career

Former Employee - Principal in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Principal in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training, talented colleagues, high investment in people, good compensation

Cons

unpredictable lifestyle, job can change dramatically each time you change projects (different lifestyle, different boss, different clients)

continue to invest in training and personal development

640 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

My best self

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have the privilege of getting up every day and working on client problems that truly matter. The challenge is immense, but I love helping specific individuals at my client to succeed and seeing the collective results of our work together. At every turn I am supported by a team of Bainies at my side. We are a team, and we team with our clients. Every year I think about whether Bain is the best place for me to continue to reach my personal full potential (across all dimensions -- career, personal, family), and every year I choose to stay at Bain. I know I am having an impact and am developing into the best person I can be -- as a business leader, colleague, wife and mother.

Cons

Having an engaging and worthwhile career means making some trade-offs. I travel 2-3 nights a week on average, and I work hard. However, I do not believe I work any harder than my business school classmates who are also career track/high potentials.

Continue to lead the industry through a leading a collaborative culture that supports open communication, as well as innovative ways of working, including flexible models.

An amazing, life-changing experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with smart, talented, interesting, yet humble people; working on difficult and important questions; getting exposure to so many companies, industries, and functions; great exit options

Cons

Although Bain takes a very active stance in making this job sustainable, there are times when we need to work hard to deliver for our clients. I think this is common across the consulting industry and any fast-paced career.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company