There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Incredible learning in a challenging, supportive environment with the best colleagues

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting work. Smart people. Change-oriented clients. Collaborative atmosphere. Best colleagues. In general, I have found Bain to be a great place to build my career over the past five years. I look at external opportunities, and haven't found anything to be as remotely compelling as continuing here. And, when I look at the competition - I think that we work with a broad, diverse client set on their most challenging issues, and that we really partner with them to make sure they can implement what we recommend. And, not to be cliche about Bain, but the colleagues and relationships I've built have been phenomenal. I know these people are the ones I'll be in touch with 20 years from now, on a personal and/or professional basis.

Cons

Despite working hand-in-hand with our clients to enact change, we aren't actually responsible for making the decision and sometimes that is very hard to accept...especially when they don't end up doing what you think would be best.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. The ultimate post HBS business school

Former Employee - Partner in Boston, LA
    Former Employee - Partner in Boston, LA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Understand how to develop and execute business strategy at the highest level Get as close to operating a company at the C Level as an advisor Confidence to solve the hardest business problems in the world Network of the next generation of business leaders

Cons

Not for anyone trying to balance their life Travel can be insane Starting to be more like McKinsey than the old Bain

Advice to Management

Prune the vines...only the strongest should remain Continue to take risks and be the innovator Always measure results and value period

2. Great place to work!

Pros

The culture and people are amazing.

Cons

Limited opportunities on the administrative side of the business.