There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Incredible learning in a challenging, supportive environment with the best colleagues

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Interesting work. Smart people. Change-oriented clients. Collaborative atmosphere. Best colleagues. In general, I have found Bain to be a great place to build my career over the past five years. I look at external opportunities, and haven't found anything to be as remotely compelling as continuing here. And, when I look at the competition - I think that we work with a broad, diverse client set on their most challenging issues, and that we really partner with them to make sure they can implement what we recommend. And, not to be cliche about Bain, but the colleagues and relationships I've built have been phenomenal. I know these people are the ones I'll be in touch with 20 years from now, on a personal and/or professional basis.

Cons

Despite working hand-in-hand with our clients to enact change, we aren't actually responsible for making the decision and sometimes that is very hard to accept...especially when they don't end up doing what you think would be best.

570 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

Smart, passionate people; probably the best of the big three if you want to do consulting

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart, passionate people, who really care about each other and their work
    - Very much a culture of "work hard, play hard", with senior partners just as ready to let loose and have fun as the new associate consultants
    - Culture focuses on helping each other, and succeeding as a team, yet still acts as a meritocracy for rewarding performance; meritocratic comp becomes more pronounced at more senior levels

Cons

- Long hours are often part of the game at management consulting firms; anecdotally Bain is the best of the top 3, but the whole industry isn't the place for those looking to work 9-to-5
    - You will live in PowerPoint. Except when you're living in Excel.
    - High pressure, demanding schedule. You may love that, or it may grind you down. Probably both.

World class platform to develop yourself into a change-oriented leader

Current Employee - Principal
    Current Employee - Principal

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Pragmatic approach that designs and executes results that stick