Great company

Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart People, lots of incentives, they do a great job to help you have a good work-life balance considering the hours that are worked.

Cons

It's not always stimulating in this position. Work comes in waves and more often than not, I'm not really excited about my work.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. Incredible Experience

Current Intern - Summer Associate Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Summer Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and culture, the opportunities to contribute even as an intern, and the exposure to a wide variety of industries. You develop skills that are applicable to many fields. Moreover, as an intern, they organize fun social activities so you really not only get a feel for the office and culture, but also get to know everyone well. Personal development is big - so they're really trying to help you build your repertoire of skills and expertise.

Cons

Work can sometimes be a bit tedious, but nothing you shouldn't expect as a first-year anywhere!

Incredible learning in a challenging, supportive environment with the best colleagues

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting work. Smart people. Change-oriented clients. Collaborative atmosphere. Best colleagues. In general, I have found Bain to be a great place to build my career over the past five years. I look at external opportunities, and haven't found anything to be as remotely compelling as continuing here. And, when I look at the competition - I think that we work with a broad, diverse client set on their most challenging issues, and that we really partner with them to make sure they can implement what we recommend. And, not to be cliche about Bain, but the colleagues and relationships I've built have been phenomenal. I know these people are the ones I'll be in touch with 20 years from now, on a personal and/or professional basis.

Cons

Despite working hand-in-hand with our clients to enact change, we aren't actually responsible for making the decision and sometimes that is very hard to accept...especially when they don't end up doing what you think would be best.