Bain & Company

www.bain.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Absolutely amazing place to start your career!

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bain is an incredible place to start your career out of college and continue to build a career. The learning opportunities are unparalled; over 3 years as an AC/SAC you get incredible exposure and learning. The people are amazing- genuine, inspiring, devoted and caring. The culture is fantastic- fun, supportive. "A Bainie never lets another Bainie fail" is definitely true! Returning as a Consultant post-MBA (with Bain sponsorship) was equally rewarding. As a college senior, I never thought I'd still be at the same firm, but I can't imagine working elsewhere!

Cons

Hours can be long but this is typical of consulting, and the travel options are better than elsewhere.

686 Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company (View Most Recent)

The BEST place to work

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

As others have said, this place is full of amazing people. Interesting, high-impact work. There is no better place to start your career.

Cons

Hours can be long but it is possible to create a sustainable lifestyle

Great experience that I would recommend to anyone coming out of school

I worked at Bain & Company

Pros

Excellent learning experience. Great people. Great business experience that has and I believe will continue to pay dividends in my professional life.

Cons

Exhausting schedule if traveling. Not always the flexibility to work on the types of cases you wanted to work on. Potential to have an unbalanced case load. There a few people that I have in mind that were consistently staffed on bad cases (long hours, unattractive travel, difficult CTL, etc.) and others that were consistently staffed on good ones.

Promise of work/life balance sometimes goes out the door, if the client is deemed important enough. My time at Bain was interesting because the economy was bad (2008 - 2011). It felt as though management was going the extra mile to prove its value to clients at a time when clients were cutting discretionary costs. A lot of people in my class felt burnt, because they chose Bain and sacrificed some earnings relative to IB, in part due to work life balance, but still felt like they were working banker hours (obviously, we had more job security, but that point can get lost in times of frustration). Again, I was at Bain during an interesting time, so not sure how consistent my experience is with those of ACs/SACs today, but my advice is that if you are going to make work/life balance a selling point, follow through lest you'll have some disgruntled ACs. While most in my class stuck around for SAC year, it felt like an unusually high number of people chose not to accept B school sponsorship or left only after a year or 2 of a direct promote. I also recall a lot of people in the class below mine leaving before SAC year.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company