There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

Bain's culture is amazing - it fosters learning, fun and humility

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1) Develop unique 1-on-1 relationship with supervisor and supervisee: the mentoring and learning opportunities are amazing and working so closely with down to earth, smart and fun people is very humbling
2) Develop great group relationship: Bain promotes an amazing "family-like" culture. Most people really live up to the moto "A Bainie will never let another Bainie fail"

Cons

Demanding work and respect for other team members often lead to a will to over deliver. It's on us to remain ourselves that work-life balance is a priority.

reviews filtered by

Great place to start your career

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people, fun place to work - 800 people showed up for our global soccer tournament in Dallas- how many companies would 40 Australians show up for a weekend soccer tournament in Dallas?
    Best job for people straight out of undergrad- really launches your career and gives you a broad business prospective
    Senior leadership take a vested interest in associates
    Lots of opportunities to do non-profit work including volunteering consulting teams
    Opportunity to transfer to another office in your 3rd year for six months

Cons

Strong face time culture, lots of variability in hours because of client service industry

Continue work on sustainability- I think this drives better results for our clients since teams have to focus on the answer

Incredible start to my career

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The open, welcoming, and fun culture allows me to truly be myself and to succeed by focusing on and enjoying my work without having to worry about perceptions, competitiveness, and other distractions. The operating principles of 'presume trust' and 'be open, honest, and direct' embody the Bain experience and have helped me develop in my personal life, as well as in my professional life. The step-up opportunities for someone just out of undergrad are incredible: the level of client exposure I had within my first six months is way more than I could've hoped for. Perhaps the best part, besides the people, is the seriousness with which professional development is taken. I learn something new every day, and that's absolutely invaluable to me. I feel confident in my work and in my trajectory knowing that I have a full team of mentors, guides, and peers here to support me. What truly encapsulates all of for me is that I unquestioningly refer to Bainies as my friends, not my colleagues.

Cons

Lifestyle, as with any consulting job, can be demanding and tough.

Bain could push harder for a more consistent work-life balance value system across all offices. Additionally, while an unquestionable leader in LGBTQ rights, there is still much to be done in offices like Madrid and elsewhere in EMEA.

There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company