There are newer employer reviews for Bainbridge

Great responsibility especially for first job. Learned a ton.

Current Employee - Researcher in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Researcher in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge

Pros

Smart people
Interesting projects.
Good training for internship. Didn't just make copies.
My manager cared about my success.
Good recruiting at UCSD jobfair.
Lunches for interns nice way to meet everyone.
Learned a ton.

Cons

Fast paced on some project teams I was on. Lots of international research.
Better benefits for part time positions
More databases for specialty research

Great sense of community. Felt my manager and project team manager really cared about my role in company and project. Quality of what we finished was great. Really nice people. Smart group.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Bainbridge (View Most Recent)

Boutique firm work experience on real business cases, entrepreneurial, a world of experience

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge

Pros

Only southern california strategy boutique, has a small close to the client practice. You learn on the job with a mentor analyst, not in a classroom. Projects are international so you'll pick up country specific learning. Now doing venture projects and acquisitions. Covers range of industries. Little chance to be bored. Good office environment and new people brought in last year by new director much improved. Company now moves people to roles based on merit, not years or degree. New benefits and perks based on employee feedback. Turnover low, only one analyst, leftover from past, left to work in accounting career. Dumb move, but ended transition to new culture and environment.

Cons

A Professor ran company until last summer. Morale was bad I heard and people were unhappy. New director replaced professor, last summer and cleaned up changed recruiting, new structure, and live training. Some people who worked in here in the past were unqualified from what I've seen. No longer. If you need spoon feeding and classroom teaching then this is not for you.

Changes in 2011 good. Projects and people much better. Move out remaining under achiever. Keep hiring accomplishment oriented, team players. Make training more formal, create a full time HR position, plus never hire accounting wannabes again. It's a great place to work, everyone motivated to want it to be even better. Lunches and newsletter were good additions.

No growth opportunity if you do not have an MBA or are not from an Ivy League school.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in La Jolla, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in La Jolla, CA

I worked at Bainbridge

Pros

Autonomy.
    Fast-paced.
    Satisfactory compensation.
    Employees from various background.

Cons

High turnover rate.
    Vague information in terms of opportunities and promotions.
    The company is so lean that no formal training will be provided.
    Majority of consultancy work are done by cold-calling competitors and trying to pry information from them.

Pay attention to your employees' capabilities and work ethics instead of which school they graduated from.

There are newer employer reviews for Bainbridge