Baker Botts
www.bakerbotts.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stuffy Big Law atmoshphere

ProsThe firm has a great reputation. They provide attorneys with excellent resources. Good facilities. Many very nice people. Some of the partners are extremely well-respected around the country and are tops in their fields.

ConsIt's still Big Law. Although not as bad as some firms, there's still a cut-throat attitude sometimes. And, of course, there's a tremendous emphasis on billable hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with associates. Emphasize quality more over the quantity of billable hours. Pay more attention to good writing. And get into at least the mod-2000s technologically.

I loved my experience at Baker Botts

I have been working at Baker Botts

Pros: The environment is enriching to anyone seeking to gain a sense of what is expected… Cons: For some the environment can be deemed as a little conservative, but… Advice to Senior Management: My advice would be to create a more engaged system of communication among the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A decent place to work for starters.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Baker Botts

Pros: Great vacation and benefits and a lot of flexibility to work autonomously for… Cons: A few attorneys can become a little egotistical at times, but otherwise… Advice to Senior Management: If upper management were to put more effort into training staff and having a… More
There are newer reviews on Baker Botts.

Worked for Baker Botts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Botts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baker Botts CEO Andrew M. Baker. All reviews posted anonymously by Baker Botts employees.