Baker College

www.baker.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Baker College

Great job - needs to offer more opportunity

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor
Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor

I have been working at Baker College part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility
having an impact
getting to participate in conferences and professional development
co-workers
amazing environment

Cons

limited room for growth
leadership is out of touch with teachers' needs

Allow some adjuncts to work MORE time and increase opportunities for advancement. Our hours have been cut even though students keep enrolling. You will never have a strong teaching staff if everyone thinks of the job as being temporary. Many instructors want the chance to be promoted - only there are few jobs to be promoted to! A few full-time teaching positions here and there is far more beneficial than a team of thousands of adjuncts.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Baker College (View Most Recent)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Baker College part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you have a passion for education and helping students achieve their goals. The staff is wonderful and welcoming.

Cons

I would say the only con to working for Baker College is seeing missed opportunities for students and graduates. There are a lot of positions and opportunities that many Baker College graduates are qualified for, however, I have seen those positions filled by friends/family of co-workers. Some of which do not have any education or experience. Baker College graduates should be first priority, if they are qualified for the position available. It would help the employment numbers for Baker College graduates and new student enrollment numbers grow.

Do not forget about the students and graduates of Baker College. The best marketing for any company is word of mouth.

Inept

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Allen Park, MI
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Allen Park, MI

I worked at Baker College part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are none. The school administration was corrupt, inept, and couldn't even provide the teachers the books they needed to prepare a syllabus on time.

Cons

The directors of the programs i.e. business are incompetent. They couldn't even provide me with a previous syllabus for the class I was supposed to teach. Then, they couldn't provide me with a text book until the day of the class.

Close the campuses