There are newer employer reviews for Baker College

Good Part-Time Employment

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Jackson, MI
Current Employee - Instructor in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Baker College as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant and friendly environment, clean facility

Cons

Lack of full-time career opportiunities for staff

Few opportunities for full-time employment lead to high turn-over rates and employee dissatisfaction.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Baker College (View Most Recent)

Baker College Allen Park AWFUL PLACE TO WORK!

I worked at Baker College full-time

Pros

Helping students to learn and grow.

Cons

Administration does not value faculty or staff. Employees are treated as though they are easily replaceable so everyone walks on egg shells in fear that they will be the next one to get fired. Faculty and staff are told that class observations and student reviews are not punitive and serve to improve skills, The truth is that any student complaints can cost you your job. Students are treated as precious commodities while employees are treated as disposable. They will fire faculty if it makes the students happy...the students are so empowered that they go straight to the campus president to complain and get their way. I have read the negative reviews here and they are true! Baker is going in the wrong direction.
    By the way, there's no comp time for all of the mandatory extra hours. Also, upper management seems to have a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude.

Adhere to the Dale Carnegie principals that you are investing so much money in. Understand that negative feedback does not motivate and does not coincide with the Carnegie principals. Treat employees with respect. Review faculty turn over rate including why people are voluntarily leaving. Really seek honest feedback from your workers so you know how we really feel. Really listen to your employees. Understand that we are human beings and not robots. Treat the employees with the same level of importance bestowed upon the students.

OK place to work

Current Employee - N/A  in  Clinton Township, MI
    Current Employee - N/A in Clinton Township, MI

I have been working at Baker College full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you are a full time employee, they to do offer decent benefits.

Cons

Low pay and no consideration for a work/life balance. They expect a lot out of you, with nothing given in return.

There are newer employer reviews for Baker College

Worked for Baker College? Contribute to the Community!