There are newer employer reviews for Baker Concrete

Overall a great experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Baker Concrete

Pros

It has it stuff together for their engineering deptarment. They really preplan well. Because they are a big national company they get more jobs because of their famaliarity with other contractors.

Cons

It is a big company that deals with unions. Unions are way to restrictive. Also sub contractors have difficulty dealing with some of the policies.

Treat people honestly will get you a lot better production out of people. Reward people that do well but if mistakes are made, support them.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Baker Concrete (View Most Recent)

Good company with knowledgeable people

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Baker Concrete

Pros

Good compensation while working for a company that does complex concrete projects around the country.

Cons

The field staff was very old fashioned and set in their way. There was never any thinking about how to perform tasks more efficiently. It was this is the method that has worked for me for 20 years so let's keep doing it.

I understand it's the construction business and a lot of employees have a certain attitude about their experience and knowledge. Remember that it's not where you have been but where you are going. Also if you want to be the best at anything you have to lead by example.

The Best Concrete Contractor to work for, or have do work for you.

Current Employee - Decline to State  in  Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Baker Concrete

Pros

We are a well-respected industry leader.
    Our founder, Dan Baker, is still very involved and seems to sincerely care about the well-being of his employees.
    We are the largest concrete contractor in the country and construct a vary wide range of project types. Some of those types, such as football stadiums, high-rises, LNG tanks, etc., can be very technically challenging, pride-inducing, and rewarding.

Cons

Few, and it would really depend on the individual as to what they were.
    In some ways, the company maintains out-dated, rather than modern close-to-cutting-edge, practices.
    I WOULD like to see our harrassment policy changed to go beyond what is strictly defined by the law as harrassment so as to define homosexuals as also being "protected" just like women, minorites, and religions are.
    And no, I am not gay.

Not really sure on this one....

There are newer employer reviews for Baker Concrete

Worked for Baker Concrete? Contribute to the Community!