Baker Concrete

www.bakerconcrete.com

Good if you're a Good Ole' Boy

Estimator (Former Employee)

ProsWell, they have a pretty good reputation with clients in most parts of the country. And their size means that you may have the chance to work on some larger, more unique types of projects.

ConsOverall, a company run in the mindset of the 1970's. And no, not all construction companies are naturally that way.
If you're the right gender, have the right background, and the right ethical/political/cultural sensibilities, you can do well. If you're not that and do well at blending into the background, you'll do OK. If you're not the right fit, and not a great wallflower, then regardless of your loyalty, energy, intelligence, abilities or work ethic, you probably won't be very satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat has worked fairly well for the past few decades is rotting away from the inside. You need to change your employee environment if you want to remain competitive in the future. The young bucks of today are NOT like the young bucks of yesteryear. And if you can't keep them and develop them into your new leadership, you will, in a word, fail. Size isn't everything boys.

Positive

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Baker Concrete full-time for less than a year

Pros: Hard working employees, good construction environment, task oriented Cons: Travel, hours can be lengthy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mixed feelings

Drafter (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Concrete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: A few good people. Cons: Unorganized, poor communication, lots of time spent redoing work because… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Baker Concrete.

Worked for Baker Concrete? Contribute to the Community!